Kernel estimation of a partially linear additive model
AbstractIn this paper, we introduce a kernel estimator for the finite-dimensional parameter of a partially linear additive model. Under some regularity conditions, we establish n1/2-consistency and asymptotic normality of the estimator. Unlike existing kernel-based estimators: Fan et al. (1998. Ann. Statist. 26, 943-971) and Fan and Li (2003. Statist. Sinica 13, 739-762) our estimator attains the semiparametric efficiency bound of the partially linear additive model under homoscedastic errors. We also show that when the true specification is the partially linear additive model, the proposed estimator is asymptotically more efficient than an estimator that ignores the additive structure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 72 (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robinson, Peter M, 1988. "Root- N-Consistent Semiparametric Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 931-54, July.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1992. "Efficiency Bounds for Semiparametric Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(3), pages 567-96, May.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & LIang, Hua & Gao, Jiti, 2000. "Partially linear models," MPRA Paper 39562, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Li, Qi, 1996. "On the root-N-consistent semiparametric estimation of partially linear models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 277-285, June.
- Yebin Cheng & Jan G. De Gooijer & Dawit Zerom, 2009. "Efficient Estimation of an Additive Quantile Regression," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-104/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Yebin Cheng & Jan G. De Gooijer & Dawit Zerom, 2011.
"Efficient Estimation of an Additive Quantile Regression Model,"
Scandinavian Journal of Statistics,
Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 38(1), pages 46-62, 03.
- Cheng, Yebin & De Gooijer, Jan & Zerom, Dawit, 2009. "Efficient Estimation of an Additive Quantile Regression Model," MPRA Paper 14388, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Manzan, sebastiano & Zerom, Dawit, 2008. "A Semiparametric Analysis of Gasoline Demand in the US: Reexamining The Impact of Price," MPRA Paper 14386, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 8355, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.