Characterizations of the hazard rate order and IFR aging notion
AbstractThe Laplace transform of residual lives order has been recently defined and studied in the literature to compare random lifetimes. Here, we prove that such stochastic order is equivalent to the well-known hazard rate order. As consequences, we get new characterizations of the hazard rate order and increasing in failure rate (IFR) aging notion, in terms also of the mean residual life order and decreasing in mean residual life (DMRL) aging notion.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 70 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thistle, Paul D., 1993. "Negative Moments, Risk Aversion, and Stochastic Dominance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(02), pages 301-311, June.
- Belzunce, Félix & Ortega, Eva & Ruiz, José M., 1999. "The Laplace order and ordering of residual lives," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 145-156, April.
- Denuit, Michel, 2001. "Laplace transform ordering of actuarial quantities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 83-102, August.
- Alba M. Franco-Pereira & Rosa E. Lillo & Moshe Shaked, 2010. "The decreasing percentile residual life aging notion," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws101807, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Belzunce, Felix & Ortega, Eva-Maria & Ruiz, Jose M., 2007. "On non-monotonic ageing properties from the Laplace transform, with actuarial applications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 1-14, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.