Actuarial risk measures for financial derivative pricing
AbstractWe present an axiomatic characterization of price measures that are superadditive and comonotonic additive for normally distributed random variables. The price representation derived involves a probability measure transform that is closely related to the Esscher transform, and we call it the Esscher-Girsanov transform. In a financial market in which the primary asset price is represented by a stochastic differential equation with respect to Brownian motion, the price mechanism based on the Esscher-Girsanov transform can generate approximate-arbitrage-free financial derivative prices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 42 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hadar, Josef & Russell, William R, 1969. "Rules for Ordering Uncertain Prospects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 25-34, March.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Goovaerts, Marc J. & Kaas, Rob & Laeven, Roger J.A. & Tang, Qihe, 2004.
"A comonotonic image of independence for additive risk measures,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 581-594, December.
- Marc J. Goovaerts & Rob Kaas & Roger J.A. Laeven & Qihe Tang, 2004. "A Comonotonic Image of Independence for Additive Risk Measures," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-030/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Gerber, Hans U. & Shiu, Elias S. W., 1996. "Actuarial bridges to dynamic hedging and option pricing," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 183-218, November.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2004030 is not listed on IDEAS
- Iwaki, Hideki & Kijima, Masaaki & Morimoto, Yuji, 2001. "An economic premium principle in a multiperiod economy," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 325-339, June.
- Denuit, Michel, 2001. "Laplace transform ordering of actuarial quantities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 83-102, August.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A., 1976. "The valuation of options for alternative stochastic processes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 145-166.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1981. "Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 215-260, August.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.