On the optimization of the weighted Bickel-Rosenblatt test
AbstractWe consider Bickel-Rosenblatt tests of fit for a density f. Their asymptotic properties are studied under Pitman's local alternatives; we investigate their power functions. Our goal is to look for the best test in this class, by optimizing the power as done by Mason (Ann. Statist. 11 (1983) 317) in the context of minimax comparisons. This approach leads to a continuous versions of a [chi]2 type test. Finally a simulation study is presented.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 68 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Goo - Financial Economics - - - - -
- tes - - - - - -
- Ker - Law and Economics - - - - -
- den - - - - - -
- est - - - - - -
- Wei - - - - - -
- L2- - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - -
- Pit - Economic Systems - - - - -
- eff - - - - - -
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fan, Yanqin, 1994. "Testing the Goodness of Fit of a Parametric Density Function by Kernel Method," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(02), pages 316-356, June.
- Jenkins, Stephen P., 1995.
"Did the middle class shrink during the 1980s? UK evidence from kernel density estimates,"
Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 407-413, October.
- Carlos TENREIRO, 1996. "Tests d'ajustement à une densité fondés sur un estimateur non paramétrique à noyau pour des observations dépendantes," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 43, pages 129-148.
- Hall, Peter, 1984. "Central limit theorem for integrated square error of multivariate nonparametric density estimators," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-16, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.