The observed total time on test and the observed excess wealth
AbstractLet X be a nonnegative random variable with mean [mu][less-than-or-equals, slant][infinity], and let TX be the total time on test transform of X. It has been observed in the literature that the inverse of TX is a distribution function with support (0,[mu]). In this paper, we identify the random variable that has this distribution, and we study some of its properties. We also study an analogous random variable that is based on what is called the excess wealth transform.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 68 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bartoszewicz, Jaroslaw, 1986. "Dispersive ordering and the total time on test transformation," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(6), pages 285-288, October.
- Bartoszewicz, Jaroslaw, 1995. "Stochastic order relations and the total time on test transform," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 103-110, February.
- Waters, Howard R., 1983. "Some mathematical aspects of reinsurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 17-26, January.
- Bartoszewicz, Jaroslaw, 1998. "Applications of a general composition theorem to the star order of distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-9, May.
- Belzunce, F., 1999. "On a characterization of right spread order by the increasing convex order," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 103-110, November.
- Xiaohu Li & Guoxin Qiu, 2007. "Some preservation results of NBUC aging property with applications," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 581-594, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.