Asymptotics of a class of pth-order nonlinear autoregressive processes
AbstractCriteria are derived for ergodicity and geometric ergodicity of a class of nonlinear pth-order autoregressive processes, which reformulate Tweedie's ones so that they fit our purpose better to improve and extend those results obtained earlier by Chan and Tong, Tjøstheim and others. It will be shown that the criteria in this paper are easily applicable to the linear or piecewise linear case so that some of the earlier results are consequences of our main results, and also show that these can be extended to the nonlinear cases as well.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 40 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Felix Chan & Michael McAleer & Marcelo C. Medeiros, 2010.
"Structure and Asymptotic Theory for Nonlinear Models with GARCH Errors,"
KIER Working Papers
754, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Chan, F. & McAleer, M.J. & Medeiros, M.C., 2011. "Structure and Asymptotic theory for Nonlinear Models with GARCH Errors," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2010-79, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Felix Chan & Michael McAleer & Marcelo C. Medeiros, 2010. "Structure and Asymptotic Theory for Nonlinear Models with GARCH Errors," Working Papers in Economics 10/79, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Mika Meitz & Pentti Saikkonen, 2008.
"Stability of nonlinear AR-GARCH models,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 453-475, 05.
- Mika Meitz & Pentti Saikkonen, 2007. "Stability of nonlinear AR-GARCH models," Economics Series Working Papers 328, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Meitz, Mika & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2006. "Stability of nonlinear AR-GARCH models," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 632, Stockholm School of Economics.
- MEITZ, Mika & SAIKKONEN, Pentti, 2006. "Stability of nonlinear AR-GARCH models," CORE Discussion Papers 2006078, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.