The mixture properties of the 2SHI estimators in linear regression models
AbstractThe paper derives the family of double k-class estimators (Ullah and Ullah, 1978) as a subset of the mixture-type two-stage hierarchial-information (2SHI) estimators (Tran Van Hoa, 1985) in the general linear regression model, and provides a formal justification for the double k-class estimators in terms of additional data-based informational content. Small-sample properties derived from a simulation study of the 2SHI estimators in relation to their subsets in the positive-part parameter space are also presented.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 16 (1993)
Issue (Month): 2 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tran Van Hoa, 2003. "Growth of Asian Regional Trade and Income Convergence: Evidence from ASEAN+3 Based on Extended Helpman-Krugman Hypothesis and Flexible Modelling Approach," Economics Working Papers wp03-02, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Tran Van Hoa, 2003. "New Asian Regionalism: Evidence of ASEAN+3 Free Trade Agreement From Extended Gravity Theory and New Modelling Approach," Economics Working Papers wp03-03, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Akio Namba, 2001. "MSE performance of the 2SHI estimator in a regression model with multivariate t error terms," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 81-96, January.
- Tran Van Hoa, 2000. "Recent Significant Advances in Estimating and Forecasting Theories and Economic Modelling: With Applications to Asian Investment Studies," Economics Working Papers wp00-01, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Tran Van Hoa, 2002. "WTO Membership for China and Its Impact on Growth, Investment and Consumption: A New Flexible Keynesian Approach," Economics Working Papers wp02-04, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.