Estimation for the change point of volatility in a stochastic differential equation
AbstractWe consider a multidimensional Itô process Y=(Yt)t∈[0,T] with some unknown drift coefficient process bt and volatility coefficient σ(Xt,θ) with covariate process X=(Xt)t∈[0,T], the function σ(x,θ) being known up to θ∈Θ. For this model, we consider a change point problem for the parameter θ in the volatility component. The change is supposed to occur at some point t∗∈(0,T). Given discrete time observations from the process (X,Y), we propose quasi-maximum likelihood estimation of the change point. We present the rate of convergence of the change point estimator and the limit theorems of the asymptotically mixed type.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications.
Volume (Year): 122 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shixin, Gan, 1997. "The Hájek-Rényi inequality for Banach space valued martingales and the p smoothness of Banach spaces," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 245-248, March.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Jushan Bai, 1997. "Estimation Of A Change Point In Multiple Regression Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 551-563, November.
- Sangyeol Lee & Jeongcheol Ha & Okyoung Na & Seongryong Na, 2003. "The Cusum Test for Parameter Change in Time Series Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 30(4), pages 781-796.
- Stefano M. Iacus & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2010. "Numerical Analysis of Volatility Change Point Estimators for Discretely Sampled Stochastic Differential Equations," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 39(s1), pages 107-127, 02.
- Sangyeol Lee & Yoichi Nishiyama & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2006. "Test for Parameter Change in Diffusion Processes by Cusum Statistics Based on One-step Estimators," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 58(2), pages 211-222, June.
- Junmo Song & Sangyeol Lee, 2009. "Test for parameter change in discretely observed diffusion processes," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 165-183, June.
- Chen, Gongmeng & Choi, Yoon K. & Zhou, Yong, 2005. "Nonparametric estimation of structural change points in volatility models for time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 79-114, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.