An empirical analysis of the equity markets in China
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Review of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 8 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620170
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Fortune, 1991. "Stock market efficiency: an autopsy?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 17-40.
- Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara, 1996.
"Stock market development and long-run growth,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1582, The World Bank.
- Corrado, Charles J. & Schatzberg, John, 1990. "A Nonparametric Distribution-Free Test for Serial Independence in Stock Returns: A. Correction," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 411-415, September.
- Fischer, Stanley & Merton, Robert C., 1984.
"Macroeconomics and finance: The role of the stock market,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 57-108, January.
- Stanley Fischer & Robert C. Merton, 1985. "Macroeconomics and Finance: The Role of the Stock Market," NBER Working Papers 1291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Branch, Ben, 1977. "A Tax Loss Trading Rule," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 198-207, April.
- Smirlock, Michael & Starks, Laura, 1986. "Day-of-the-week and intraday effects in stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 197-210, September.
- Bookstaber, Richard M & McDonald, James B, 1987. "A General Distribution for Describing Security Price Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(3), pages 401-24, July.
- Peterson, David R., 1990. "Stock Return Seasonalities and Earnings Information," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 187-201, June.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. " Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-617, December.
- French, Kenneth R., 1980. "Stock returns and the weekend effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 55-69, March.
- Cajueiro, Daniel O. & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2006. "Testing for predictability in equity returns for European transition markets," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 56-78, March.
- Sun, Xiao-Qian & Cheng, Xue-Qi & Shen, Hua-Wei & Wang, Zhao-Yang, 2011. "Distinguishing manipulated stocks via trading network analysis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(20), pages 3427-3434.
- Xiao-Qian Sun & Xue-Qi Cheng & Hua-Wei Shen & Zhao-Yang Wang, 2011. "Distinguishing manipulated stocks via trading network analysis," Papers 1110.2260, arXiv.org.
- Los, Cornelis A. & Yu, Bing, 2008.
"Persistence characteristics of the Chinese stock markets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 64-82.
- Cornelis A. Los & Bing Yu, 2005. "Persistence Characteristics of the Chinese Stock Markets," Finance 0508008, EconWPA.
- Lim, Kian-Ping & Brooks, Robert D. & Kim, Jae H., 2008. "Financial crisis and stock market efficiency: Empirical evidence from Asian countries," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 571-591, June.
- Groenewold, Nicolaas & Tang, Sam Hak Kan & Wu, Yanrui, 2003. "The efficiency of the Chinese stock market and the role of the banks," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 593-609, August.
- Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Lam, Tau-Hing & Yan, Isabel Kit-Ming, 2012.
"Is the Chinese stock market really inefficient?,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 122-137.
- Majumder, Debasish, 2012. "When the market becomes inefficient: Comparing BRIC markets with markets in the USA," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 84-92.
- Jason D. Mitchell & Li L. Ong, 2006. "Seasonalities in China's Stock Markets: Cultural or Structural?," IMF Working Papers 06/04, International Monetary Fund.
- Fifield, Suzanne G.M. & Jetty, Juliana, 2008. "Further evidence on the efficiency of the Chinese stock markets: A note," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 351-361, September.
- Charles, Amélie & Darné, Olivier, 2009. "The random walk hypothesis for Chinese stock markets: Evidence from variance ratio tests," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 117-126, June.
- Abdul Haque & Hung-Chun Liu & Fakhar-Un-Nisa, 2011. "Testing the Weak Form Efficiency of Pakistani Stock Market (2000–2010)," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 1(4), pages 153-162.
- Hung, Jui-Cheng, 2009. "Deregulation and liberalization of the Chinese stock market and the improvement of market efficiency," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 843-857, August.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darne, 2009. "The random walk hypothesis for Chinese stock markets: Evidence from variance ratio tests," Post-Print hal-00771080, HAL.
- P., Srinivasan & M., Kalaivani, 2013. "Day-of-the-Week Effects in the Indian stock market," MPRA Paper 46805, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahlgren, Niklas & Sjöö, Boo & Zhang, Jianhua, 2003. "Panel Cointegration of Chinese A and B Shares," Working Papers 500, Hanken School of Economics.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.