Capital Gains Taxation and Year-End Stock Market Behavior
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 32 (1977)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ferhan Salman, 2005. "Information, Capital Gains Taxes & New York Stock Exchange," Working Papers 0513, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Mark Grinblatt & Matti Keloharju, 2002.
"Tax-Loss Trading and Wash Sales,"
NBER Working Papers
8745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bjorn Wahlroos & Tom Berglund, 1983. "The January Effect on a Small Stock Market: Lumpy Information and Tax-Loss Selling," Discussion Papers 579, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Muhammad Wajid, Raza, 2013. "Portfolio Management and Disposition Effect Empirical Evidence From Pakistan," MPRA Paper 48371, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhiwu Chen & Jan Jindra, 2001. "A Valuation Study of Stock-Market Seasonality and Firm Size," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm199, Yale School of Management.
- Ercan Balaban, 1995. "January Effect, Yes. What About Mark Twain Effect?," Discussion Papers 9509, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Jason D. Mitchell & Li L. Ong, 2006. "Seasonalities in China's Stock Markets: Cultural or Structural?," IMF Working Papers 06/04, International Monetary Fund.
- Mitchell, Jason D & Lian Ong, Li & Izan, H.Y, 2000. "Idiosyncrasies in Australian petrol price behaviour: evidence of seasonalities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 243-258, April.
- Eduardo Engel & Alexander Galetovic, 1998. "¿Qué hacer con los impuestos que pagan las ganancias de capital en Chile?," Documentos de Trabajo 46, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Paul J. Bolster & Lawrence B. Lindsey & Andrew W. Mitrusi, 1990. "Tax Induced Trading: The Effect of the 1986 Tax Reform Act on Stock Market Activity," NBER Working Papers 2659, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James M. Poterba, 2001.
"Capital Gains Tax Rules, Tax-loss Trading, and Turn-of-the-year Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 56(1), pages 353-368, 02.
- James M. Poterba & Scott J. Weisbenner, 1998. "Capital Gains Tax Rules, Tax Loss Trading and Turn-of-the-Year Returns," NBER Working Papers 6616, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael E. Drew & Tony Naughton & Madhu Veeraraghavan, 2003. "Asset Pricing in China: Evidence from the Shanghai Stock Exchange," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 128, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Dai, Qinglei & Rydqvist, Kristian, 2007. "Investigation of the Costly-Arbitrage Model of Price Formation Around the Ex-Dividend Day," CEPR Discussion Papers 6074, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Keloharju, Matti, 2000. "Tax Loss Trading and Wash Sales," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt0dq642kg, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Michael E. Drew & Madhu Veeraraghavan, 2001. "On the Value Premium in Malaysia," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 092, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Sun, Qian & Tong, Wilson H.S., 2010. "Risk and the January effect," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 965-974, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.