The effect of work stoppages on the value of firms in Canada
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Review of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 6 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620170
Other versions of this item:
- Martinello, F. & Hanrahan, R. & Kushner, J. & Masse, I., 1995. "The Effect of Work Stoppages on the Value of Firms in Canada," Working Papers 1995-04, Brock University, Department of Economics.
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ruback, Richard S & Zimmerman, Martin B, 1984. "Unionization and Profitability: Evidence from the Capital Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(6), pages 1134-57, December.
- George R. Neumann, 1980. "The predictability of strikes: Evidence from the stock market," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 33(4), pages 525-535, July.
- Nelson, Morton & Amoako-Adu, Ben & Smith, Brian, 1994. "Impact of labor strikes on equity values: Canadian evidence," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 153-165, August.
- Brian E. Becker & Craig A. Olson, 1986. "The impact of strikes on shareholder equity," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 39(3), pages 425-438, April.
- Steven L. Thomas & Morris M. Kleiner, 1992. "The effect of two-tier collective bargaining agreements on shareholder equity," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 45(2), pages 339-351, January.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Felice Martinello & Robert Hanrahan & Joseph Kushner & Isidore Masse, 1995. "Union Certification in Ontario: Its Effect on the Value of the Firm," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(4b), pages 1077-95, November.
- Abowd, John M, 1989. "The Effect of Wage Bargains on the Stock Market Value of the Firm," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 774-800, September.
- Brian E. Becker, 1987. "Concession bargaining: The impact on shareholders' equity," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 40(2), pages 268-279, January.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.