Trade theorems in a model of vertical production chain
AbstractThis paper investigates the Rybczynski theorem, the Stolper-Samuelson theorem, and the Heckscher-Ohlin theorem in a two-factor vertical production chain model of trade. For this purpose, capital is introduced into the model of Yano and Dei [Yano, M., & Dei, F. (2003). Trade, vertical production chain, and competition policy. Review of International Economics, 11(2), 237-252.]. A primary analytic device is the economy-wide production curve. This curve is derived under autarky and free trade, respectively.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Review of Economics & Finance.
Volume (Year): 18 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165
Vertical production chain Rybczynski theorem Stolper-Samuelson theorem Heckscher-Ohlin theorem;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557.
- Rui Ota, 2006. "Adjustability in production and dynamic effects of domestic competition policy," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 431-439.
- Yano, Makoto, 2001. "Trade Imbalance and Domestic Market Competition Policy," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 42(3), pages 729-50, August.
- Takakazu Honryo & Makoto Yano, 2006. "Short-Run Trade Surplus Creation In A Two-Sector Setting," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 57(4), pages 476-482.
- Makoto Yano & Fumio Dei, 2003. "Trade, Vertical Production Chain, and Competition Policy," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 237-252, 05.
- Rika Takahashi, 2005. "Domestic Competition Policy And Tariff Policy Compared," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 56(2), pages 210-222.
- Sanyal, Kalyan K & Jones, Ronald W, 1982. "The Theory of Trade in Middle Products," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 16-31, March.
- Mayer, Wolfgang, 1991. "Endogenous labor supply in international trade theory : Two alternative models," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 105-120, February.
- Martin, John P. & Neary, J. Peter, 1980. "Variable labour supply and the pure theory of international trade : An empirical note," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 549-559, November.
- Ethier, Wilfred, 1972. "Nontraded Goods and the Heckscher-Ohlin Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(1), pages 132-47, February.
- Mandal, Biswajit & Marjit, Sugata, 2010. "Corruption and wage inequality?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 166-172, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.