A reexamination of the market efficiency hypothesis: Evidence from an electronic intra-day, inter-dealer FX market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 46 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wang, Jiang & Grossman, Sanford & Campbell, John, 1993.
"Trading Volume and Serial Correlation in Stock Returns,"
3128710, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Campbell, John Y & Grossman, Sanford J & Wang, Jiang, 1993. "Trading Volume and Serial Correlation in Stock Returns," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 108(4), pages 905-39, November.
- John Y. Campbell & Sanford J. Grossman & Jiang Wang, 1992. "Trading Volume and Serial Correlation in Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 4193, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Conrad, Jennifer & Kaul, Gautam, 1988. "Time-Variation in Expected Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(4), pages 409-25, October.
- Andrew W. Lo, A. Craig MacKinlay, 1988.
"Stock Market Prices do not Follow Random Walks: Evidence from a Simple Specification Test,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 41-66.
- Tom Doan, . "VRATIO: RATS procedure to implement variance ratio unit root test procedure," Statistical Software Components RTS00231, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1989. "Stock Market Prices Do Not Follow Random Walks: Evidence From a Simple Specification Test," NBER Working Papers 2168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cartwright, Phillip A & Lee, Cheng F, 1987. "Time Aggregation and the Estimation of the Market Model: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(1), pages 131-43, January.
- Levich, Richard M, 1989. "Is the Foreign Exchange Market Efficient?," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 40-60, Autumn.
- repec:att:wimass:9002 is not listed on IDEAS
- Danielsson, J. & Payne, R., 2002.
"Real trading patterns and prices in spot foreign exchange markets,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 203-222, April.
- Jon Danielsson & Richard Payne, 1999. "Real Trading Patterns and Prices in Spot Foreign Exchange Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp320, Financial Markets Group.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Levich, Richard M. & Thomas, Lee III, 1993. "The significance of technical trading-rule profits in the foreign exchange market: a bootstrap approach," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 451-474, October.
- LeBaron, Blake, 1992.
"Some Relations between Volatility and Serial Correlations in Stock Market Returns,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(2), pages 199-219, April.
- Gu, Anthony Yanxiang & Finnerty, Joseph, 2002. " The Evolution of Market Efficiency: 103 Years Daily Data of the Dow," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 219-37, May.
- Carlson, John A. & Lo, Melody, 2006. "One minute in the life of the DM/US$: Public news in an electronic market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1090-1102, November.
- Azad, A.S.M. Sohel, 2009. "Random walk and efficiency tests in the Asia-Pacific foreign exchange markets: Evidence from the post-Asian currency crisis data," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 322-338, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.