The effects of the capital gains tax on the selling and switching of common stock
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 9 (1978)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dirk Schindler & Bodo Hilgers, 2002. "Shall We Tax the Risk Premium?," CoFE Discussion Paper 02-17, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Feldstein, Martin, 2008. "Effects of Taxes on Economic Behavior," Scholarly Articles 2943922, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Zoran Ivković & James Poterba & Scott Weisbenner, 2005.
"Tax-Motivated Trading by Individual Investors,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1605-1630, December.
- Daniel J. Kovenock & Michael Rothschild, 1985. "Notes on the Effect of Capital Gains Taxation on Non-Austrian Assets," NBER Working Papers 1568, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence B. Lindsey, 1987. "Capital Gains Taxes Under the Tax Reform Act of 1986: Revenue EstimatesUnder Various Assumptions," NBER Working Papers 2215, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein & Shlomo Yitzhaki, 1982. "Are High Income Individuals Better Stock Market Investors?," NBER Working Papers 0948, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul J. Bolster & Lawrence B. Lindsey & Andrew W. Mitrusi, 1990. "Tax Induced Trading: The Effect of the 1986 Tax Reform Act on Stock Market Activity," NBER Working Papers 2659, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence B. Lindsey, 1988. "Capital Gains: Rates Realizations and Revenues," NBER Working Papers 1893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Niemann, Rainer & Sureth, Caren, 2009. "Investment effects of capital gains taxation under simultaneous investment and abandonment flexibility," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 77, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Eduardo Engel & Alexander Galetovic, 1998. "¿Qué hacer con los impuestos que pagan las ganancias de capital en Chile?," Documentos de Trabajo 46, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Daniel J. Kovenock & Michael Rothschild, 1983.
"Capital Gains Taxation in an Economy with an "Austrian Sector","
NBER Working Papers
0758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kovenock, Daniel J. & Rothschild, Michael, 1983. "Capital gains taxation in an economy with an `Austrian sector'," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 215-256, July.
- Martin Feldstein, 1995. "Behavioral Responses to Tax Rates: Evidence from TRA86," NBER Working Papers 5000, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.