Measuring the benefits of a large public investment : The case of the U.S. Federal-aid highway system
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 36 (1988)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Iacono & David Levinson, 2012. "Rural Highway Expansion and Economic Development: Impacts on Private Earnings and Employment," Working Papers 000101, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Alfredo Marvão Pereira & Jorge M. Andraz, 2013.
"On the economic effects of public infrastructure investment:A survey of the international evidence,"
108, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Alfredo M. Pereira & Jorge M. Andraz, 2013. "On The Economic Effects Of Public Infrastructure Investment: A Survey Of The International Evidence," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 1-37, December.
- Alfredo Pereira & Jorge Andraz, 2012. "On the economic effects of public infrastructure investment: A survey of the international evidence," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2012_10, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Li, Zhigang & Chen, Yu, 2013. "Estimating the social return to transport infrastructure: A price-difference approach applied to a quasi-experiment," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 669-683.
- Hailu, Yohannes G. & Brown, Cheryl, 2005. "A Growth-Focused Spatial Econometric Model of Agricultural Land Development in the Northeast," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19488, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Stan McMillen & Hemanta Shrestha & Nandika Weerasinghe, 2000. "Infrastructure Improvements in New Haven County: Potential Build-Out Strategies," CCEA Studies 2002-07, University of Connecticut, Connecticut Center for Economic Analysis.
- Garrison, William L., 2001. "Innovation and Transportation's Technologies," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt6tq0h0tf, University of California Transportation Center.
- Roger W. Ferguson & William L. Wascher, 2004. "Distinguished Lecture on Economics in Government: Lessons from Past Productivity Booms," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(2), pages 3-28, Spring.
- Jan-Egbert Sturm & Gerard H. Kuper,, 1996. "The dual approach to the public capital hypothesis: the case of The Netherlands," Working Papers 26, Centre for Economic Research, University of Groningen and University of Twente.
- Roberts, Mark & Deichmann, Uwe & Fingleton, Bernard & Shi, Tuo, 2010. "On the road to prosperity ? The economic geography of China's national expressway network," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5479, The World Bank.
- Weill, Peter. & Broadbent, Marianne. & St. Clair, Don., 2003. "I/T value and the role of I/T infrastructure investments," Working papers no. 268, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Yohannes Hailu & Yohannes Hailu, 2005. "Assessing Demographic Changes and Income Inequalities: A Case Study of West Virginia," Working Papers 200502, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Hailu, Yohannes G. & Brown, Cheryl, 2007. "Regional Growth Impacts on Agricultural Land Development: A Spatial Model for Three States," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 36(1), April.
- Weill, Peter., 2003. "The role and value of information technology infrastructure : some empirical observations," Working papers no. 240, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Chandra, Amitabh & Thompson, Eric, 2000. "Does public infrastructure affect economic activity?: Evidence from the rural interstate highway system," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 457-490, July.
- Bai, Chong-En & Qian, Yingyi, 2010. "Infrastructure development in China: The cases of electricity, highways, and railways," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 34-51, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.