The uniform distribution as a first practical approach to new product inventory management
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Production Economics.
Volume (Year): 114 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hirofumi Matsuo, 1990. "A Stochastic Sequencing Problem for Style Goods with Forecast Revisions and Hierarchical Structure," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(3), pages 332-347, March.
- Shore, Haim, 1999. "Optimal solutions for stochastic inventory models when the lead-time demand distribution is partially specified," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1-3), pages 477-485, March.
- Janssen, Fred & Heuts, Ruud & de Kok, Ton, 1998. "On the (R, s, Q) inventory model when demand is modelled as a compound Bernoulli process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 423-436, February.
- Glen, Andrew G. & Leemis, Lawrence M. & Drew, John H., 2004. "Computing the distribution of the product of two continuous random variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 451-464, January.
- de Alba, Enrique & Mendoza, Manuel, 2001. "Forecasting an Accumulated Series Based on Partial Accumulation: A Bayesian Method for Short Series with Seasonal Patterns," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(1), pages 95-102, January.
- Chandrasekhar Das, 1976. "Approximate Solution to the (Q, r) Inventory Model for Gamma Lead Time Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(9), pages 1043-1047, May.
- George R. Murray, Jr. & Edward A. Silver, 1966. "A Bayesian Analysis of the Style Goods Inventory Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(11), pages 785-797, July.
- Warren H. Hausman & Rein Peterson, 1972. "Multiproduct Production Scheduling for Style Goods with Limited Capacity, Forecast Revisions and Terminal Delivery," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(7), pages 370-383, March.
- Johansen, Soren Glud & Thorstenson, Anders, 1993. "Optimal and approximate (Q, r) inventory policies with lost sales and gamma-distributed lead time," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 179-194, July.
- G. Hadley & T. M. Whitin, 1961. "A Family of Inventory Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(4), pages 351-371, July.
- Gary D. Eppen & Ananth. V. Iyer, 1997. "Backup Agreements in Fashion Buying---The Value of Upstream Flexibility," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(11), pages 1469-1484, November.
- Choi, Tsan-Ming, 2007. "Pre-season stocking and pricing decisions for fashion retailers with multiple information updating," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 146-170, March.
- Martin A. Lariviere & Evan L. Porteus, 1999. "Stalking Information: Bayesian Inventory Management with Unobserved Lost Sales," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(3), pages 346-363, March.
- Marshall Fisher & Kumar Rajaram & Ananth Raman, 2001. "Optimizing Inventory Replenishment of Retail Fashion Products," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 3(3), pages 230-241, November.
- Vishal Gaur & Saravanan Kesavan & Ananth Raman & Marshall L. Fisher, 2007. "Estimating Demand Uncertainty Using Judgmental Forecasts," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 9(4), pages 480-491, April.
- Choi, Tsan-Ming (Jason) & Li, Duan & Yan, Houmin, 2006. "Quick response policy with Bayesian information updates," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 170(3), pages 788-808, May.
- Mostard, Julien & de Koster, Rene & Teunter, Ruud, 2005. "The distribution-free newsboy problem with resalable returns," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 329-342, September.
- David J. Braden & Marshall Freimer, 1991. "Informational Dynamics of Censored Observations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(11), pages 1390-1404, November.
- Xu, Jinpeng & Jiang, Wei & Feng, Gengzhong & Tian, Jun, 2012. "Comparing improvement strategies for inventory inaccuracy in a two-echelon supply chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(1), pages 213-221.
- Nilsen, Jeffrey, 2013. "Delayed production and raw materials inventory under uncertainty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 337-345.
- Das, Rubel & Hanaoka, Shinya, 2014. "Relief inventory modelling with stochastic lead-time and demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 235(3), pages 616-623.
- Yan, Xiaoming & Liu, Ke, 2009. "Optimal control problems for a new product with word-of-mouth," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 402-414, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.