Ideas versus rival human capital: Industry evidence on growth models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Monetary Economics.
Volume (Year): 42 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Romer, Paul, 1994.
"New goods, old theory, and the welfare costs of trade restrictions,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 5-38, February.
- Paul M. Romer, 1994. "New Goods, Old Theory, and the Welfare Costs of Trade Restrictions," NBER Working Papers 4452, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James A. Kahn & Jong-Soo Lim, 1997.
"Skilled labor -- augmenting technical progress in U.S. manufacturing,"
9738, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- James A. Kahn & Jong-Soo Lim, 1998. "Skilled labor-augmenting technical progress in U.S. manufacturing," Staff Reports 47, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Kahn, J. & Lim, J.S., 1997. "Skilled Labor-Augmenting Technical Progress in U.S. Manufacturing," RCER Working Papers 437, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Rebelo, Sergio, 1991.
"Long-Run Policy Analysis and Long-Run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 500-521, June.
- Bruno, Michael, 1984. "Raw Materials, Profits, and the Productivity Slowdown," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 99(1), pages 1-29, February.
- Stokey, Nancy L & Rebelo, Sergio, 1995.
"Growth Effects of Flat-Rate Taxes,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(3), pages 519-50, June.
- Klenow, Peter J., 1996. "Industry innovation: where and why," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 125-150, June.
- Eric J. Bartelsman & Wayne Gray, 1996. "The NBER Manufacturing Productivity Database," NBER Technical Working Papers 0205, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989.
"A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction,"
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers
8904, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt, 1990. "A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction," NBER Working Papers 3223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1990. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," DELTA Working Papers 90-12, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Working papers 527, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Paul Romer, 1991.
"Are Nonconvexities Important For Understanding Growth?,"
NBER Working Papers
3271, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Are Nonconvexities Important for Understanding Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 97-103, May.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Romer, Paul, 1993. "Idea gaps and object gaps in economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 543-573, December.
- Rotemberg, Julio J & Woodford, Michael, 1996.
"Imperfect Competition and the Effects of Energy Price Increases on Economic Activity,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 550-77, November.
- Julio J. Rotemberg & Michael Woodford, 1996. "Imperfect Competition and the Effects of Energy Price Increases on Economic Activity," NBER Working Papers 5634, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1979. "A Simple Test for Heteroscedasticity and Random Coefficient Variation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1287-94, September.
- Peter Klenow & Andrés Rodríguez-Clare, 1997. "The Neoclassical Revival in Growth Economics: Has It Gone Too Far?," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1997, Volume 12, pages 73-114 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Larry E. Jones & Rodolfo Manuelli, 1990. "A Convex Model of Equilibrium Growth," NBER Working Papers 3241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antonio Ciccone & Elias Papaioannou, 2009.
"Human Capital, the Structure of Production, and Growth,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 91(1), pages 66-82, February.
- Antonio Ciccone & Elias Papaioannou, 2005. "Human Capital, the Structure of Production, and Growth," Working Papers 245, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Antonio Ciccone & Elias Papaioannou, 2005. "Human capital, the structure of production and growth," Economics Working Papers 902, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Ciccone, Antonio & Papaioannou, Elias, 2006. "Human capital, the structure of production, and growth," Working Paper Series 0623, European Central Bank.
- Ciccone, Antonio & Papaioannou, Elias, 2005. "Human Capital, the Structure of Production, and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 5354, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 2002.
"It's Not Factor Accumulation: Stylized Facts and Growth Models,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
164, Central Bank of Chile.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 2002. "It´s Not Factor Accumulation: Stylized Facts and Growth Models," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Norman Loayza & Raimundo Soto & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series Editor) (ed.), Economic Growth: Sources, Trends, and Cycles, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 3, pages 061-114 Central Bank of Chile.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, .
"Financial Dependence and Growth,"
CRSP working papers
344, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Beck, Thorsten & Levine, Ross & Loayza, Norman, 1999.
"Finance and the sources of growth,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2057, The World Bank.
- Timo Boppart & Franziska J. Weiss, 2013.
"Non-homothetic preferences and industry directed technical change,"
ECON - Working Papers
123, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Franziska Weiss & Timo Boppart, 2013. "Non-homothetic preferences and industry directed technical change," 2013 Meeting Papers 916, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Scott L. Baier & Gerald P. Dwyer, Jr. & Robert Tamura, 2002.
"How important are capital and total factor productivity for economic growth?,"
2002-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Scott L. Baier & Gerald P. Dwyer & Robert Tamura, 2006. "How Important are Capital and Total Factor Productivity for Economic Growth?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(1), pages 23-49, January.
- World Bank, 2002. "Brazil : The New Growth Agenda, Volume 1. Policy Briefing," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15289, The World Bank.
- Funk, Mark & Strauss, Jack, 2000. "The long-run relationship between productivity and capital," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 213-217, November.
- Christopher H. Wheeler, 2005.
"Job flows and productivity dynamics: evidence from U.S. manufacturing,"
2005-017, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Wheeler, Christopher H., 2007. "Job Flows And Productivity Dynamics: Evidence From U.S. Manufacturing," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 175-201, April.
- Maik T. Schneider, 2007. "Knowledge Codification and Endogenous Growth," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 07/65, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Eli Berman, 2000. "Does Factor-Biased Technological Change Stifle International Covergence? Evidence from Manufacturing," NBER Working Papers 7964, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.