Is the solidarity value close to the equal split value?
AbstractIn the paper we study the asymptotic behavior of the solidarity value and the equal split value in different classes of cooperative games. In particular, we discuss three natural definitions of asymptotic equivalence of values for TU-games, and identify for each of them the classes of games for which the solidarity value and the equal split value are equivalent. Also, a computer illustration of the obtained results is given.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Mathematical Social Sciences.
Volume (Year): 65 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505565
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yeon-Koo Che & Fuhito Kojima, 2008.
"Asymptotic Equivalence of Probabilistic Serial and Random Priority Mechanisms,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1677, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Yeon-Koo Che & Fuhito Kojima, 2010. "Asymptotic Equivalence of Probabilistic Serial and Random Priority Mechanisms," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 78(5), pages 1625-1672, 09.
- Yeon-Koo Che & Fuhito Kojima, 2008. "Asymptotic Equivalence of Probabilistic Serial and Random Priority Mechanisms," Discussion Papers 0809-06, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Calvo, Emilio, 2006.
"Random Marginal and Random Removal values,"
142, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1996.
"Bargaining and Value,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(2), pages 357-80, March.
- Chameni Nembua, C., 2012.
"Linear efficient and symmetric values for TU-games: Sharing the joint gain of cooperation,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 431-433.
- Chameni Nembua, Célestin, 2010. "Linear efficient and symmetric values for TU-games: sharing the joint gain of cooperation," MPRA Paper 31249, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Emilio Calvo & Esther Gutiérrez, 2012. "Weighted Solidarity Values," Discussion Papers in Economic Behaviour 0212, University of Valencia, ERI-CES.
- Sprumont, Yves, 1990. "Population monotonic allocation schemes for cooperative games with transferable utility," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 378-394, December.
- Nowak, Andrzej S & Radzik, Tadeusz, 1994. "A Solidarity Value for n-Person Transferable Utility Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 43-48.
- Casajus, André, 2012. "Solidarity and fair taxation in TU games," Working Papers 111, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- Casajus, André & Huettner, Frank, 2014. "On a class of solidarity values," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 236(2), pages 583-591.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.