Satiation and existence of competitive equilibrium
AbstractIn this paper, we introduce a new assumption concerning the (non)satiation property of preferences and establish the existence of a competitive equilibrium under it. The assumption is weaker than the standard nonsatiation assumption and "weak nonsatiation" introduced by Allouch and Le Van (2008). In particular, it allows preferences to be satiated only inside the set of individually rational feasible consumptions, while the two nonsatiation assumptions do not. It is also worth noting that just like the two nonsatiation assumptions, our new assumption depends solely on the characteristics of consumers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Mathematical Economics.
Volume (Year): 46 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco
Satiation Competitive equilibrium Individually rational feasible consumption;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nielsen, Lars Tyge, 1990. "Equilibrium in CAPM without a Riskless Asset," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(2), pages 315-24, April.
- Martins-da-Rocha, Victor Filipe & Monteiro, Paulo Klinger, 2007.
"Unbounded exchange economies with satiation: how far can we go?,"
Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE)
646, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Martins-da-Rocha, V. Filipe & Monteiro, Paulo K., 2009. "Unbounded exchange economies with satiation: How far can we go?," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(7-8), pages 465-478, July.
- Nizar Allouch & Cuong Le Van, 2008.
"Walras and dividends equilibrium with possibly satiated consumers,"
08, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Allouch, Nizar & Le Van, Cuong, 2008. "Walras and dividends equilibrium with possibly satiated consumers," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(9-10), pages 907-918, September.
- Nizar Allouch & Cuong Le Van, 2006. "Walras and Dividends Equilibrium with Possibly Satiated Consumers," Working Papers 555, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Nizar Allouch & Cuong Le Van, 2008. "Walras and dividends equilibrium with possibly satiated consumers," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne b08010, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Le Van, Cuong & Magnien, François, 1999.
"On the Different Notions of Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/6228, Paris Dauphine University.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Le Van, Cuong & Magnien, Francois, 1999. "On the Different Notions of Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 169-193, July.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Le Van, Cuong & Magnien, François, 1996. "On the different notions of arbitrage and existence of equilibrium," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9616, CEPREMAP.
- Dana, R.-A. & Le Van, C. & Magnien, F., 1999. "On the Different Notions of Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium," Papiers d'Economie MathÃÂ©matique et Applications 1999.34, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Allouch, Nizar & Le Van, Cuong, 2009. "Erratum to "Walras and dividends equilibrium with possibly satiated consumers"," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3-4), pages 320-328, March.
- Geistdoerfer-Florenzano, Monique, 1982. "The gale-nikaido-debreu lemma and the existence of transitive equilibrium with or without the free-disposal assumption," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1-2), pages 113-134, January.
- Werner, Jan, 1987. "Arbitrage and the Existence of Competitive Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1403-18, November.
- Nielsen, Lars Tyge, 1987. " Portfolio Selection in the Mean-Variance Model: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(5), pages 1371-76, December.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:73:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- D. Won & G. Hahn & N. Yannelis, 2008. "Capital market equilibrium without riskless assets: heterogeneous expectations," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 183-195, March.
- Nielsen, Lars Tyge, 1989. "Asset Market Equilibrium with Short-Selling," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(3), pages 467-73, July.
- Battauz, Anna & De Donno, Marzia & Ortu, Fulvio, 2011. "Intertemporal asset pricing and the marginal utility of wealth," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 227-244, March.
- Miyazaki, Kentaro & Takekuma, Shin-Ichi, 2013. "A note on the existence of Walras equilibrium in irreducible economies with satiable and non-ordered preferences," Discussion Papers 2013-14, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.