Erratum to "Walras and dividends equilibrium with possibly satiated consumers"
AbstractThe main contribution of the paper is to provide a weaker nonsatiation assumption than the one commonly used in the literature to ensure the existence of competitive equilibrium. Our assumption allows for satiation points in the set of individually feasible consumptions, provided that the consumer has satiation points available to him outside this set. As a result, we show the concept of equilibrium with dividends (see Aumann, R.J., Drze, J.H., 1986. Values of markets with satiation or fixed prices. Econometrica 54, 1271-1318; Mas-Collel, A., 1992. Equilibrium theory with possibly satiated preferences. In: Majumdar, M. (Ed.), Equilibrium and Dynamics: Proceedings of the Essays in Honour of David Gale. MacMillan, London, pp. 201-213) is pertinent only when the set of satiation points is included in the set of individually feasible consumptions. Our economic motivation stems from the fact that in decentralized markets, increasing the incomes of consumers through dividends, if it is possible, is costly since it involves the intervention of a social planner. Then, we show, in particular, how in securities markets our weak nonsatiation assumption is satisfied by Werner's (1987) assumption.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Mathematical Economics.
Volume (Year): 45 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco
Satiation Dividends Exchange economy Short-selling;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00598038 is not listed on IDEAS
- Allouch, Nizar & Florenzano, Monique, 2013. "Edgeworth rejective core and dividends equilibria of satiated exchange economies," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 1-6.
- Battauz, Anna & De Donno, Marzia & Ortu, Fulvio, 2011. "Intertemporal asset pricing and the marginal utility of wealth," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 227-244, March.
- Sato, Norihisa, 2010. "Satiation and existence of competitive equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 534-551, July.
- Miyazaki, Kentaro & Takekuma, Shin-Ichi, 2013. "A note on the existence of Walras equilibrium in irreducible economies with satiable and non-ordered preferences," Discussion Papers 2013-14, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.