No unbounded arbitrage, weak no market arbitrage and no arbitrage price system conditions; Equivalent conditions
AbstractPage and Wooders [Page Jr., F.H., Wooders, M., 1996. A necessary and sufficient condition for compactness of individually rational and feasible outcomes and existence of an equilibrium. Economics Letters 52, 153-162] prove that the no unbounded arbitrage (NUBA), a special case of a condition in Page [Page, F.H., 1987. On equilibrium in Hart's securities exchange model. Journal of Economic Theory 41, 392-404], is equivalent to the existence of a no arbitrage price system (NAPS) when no agent has non-null useless vectors. Allouch et al. [Allouch, N., Le Van, C., Page F.H., 2002. The geometry of arbitrage and the existence of competitive equilibrium. Journal of Mathematical Economics 38, 373-391] extend the NAPS introduced by Werner [Werner, J., 1987. Arbitrage and the existence of competitive equilibrium. Econometrica 55, 1403-1418] and show that this condition is equivalent to the weak no market arbitrage (WNMA) of Hart [Hart, O., 1974. On the existence of an equilibrium in a securities model. Journal of Economic Theory 9, 293-311]. They mention that this result implies the one given by Page and Wooders [Page Jr., F.H., Wooders, M., 1996. A necessary and sufficient condition for compactness of individually rational and feasible outcomes and existence of an equilibrium. Economics Letters 52, 153-162]. In this note, we show that all these conditions are equivalent.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Mathematical Economics.
Volume (Year): 46 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco
Arbitrage Equilibrium Recession cone;
Other versions of this item:
- NGUYEN Manh-Hung & HA-HUY Thai, 2008. "No unbounded arbitrage, weak no market arbitrage and no arbitrage price system conditions; Equivalent conditions," LERNA Working Papers 08.23.267, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Le Van, Cuong & Magnien, Francois, 1999.
"On the Different Notions of Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 169-193, July.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Le Van, Cuong & Magnien, François, 1996. "On the different notions of arbitrage and existence of equilibrium," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9616, CEPREMAP.
- Dana, R.-A. & Le Van, C. & Magnien, F., 1999. "On the Different Notions of Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium," Papiers d'Economie MathÃÂ©matique et Applications 1999.34, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Le Van, Cuong & Magnien, François, 1999. "On the Different Notions of Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6228, Paris Dauphine University.
- Allouch, Nizar & Le Van, Cuong & Page, Frank Jr., 2002.
"The geometry of arbitrage and the existence of competitive equilibrium,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 373-391, December.
- Allouch, Nizar & Le Van, Cuong & Page, Jr. Frank H., 2001. "The geometry of arbitrage and the existence of competitive equilibrium," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 598, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Werner, Jan, 1987. "Arbitrage and the Existence of Competitive Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1403-18, November.
- Hart, Oliver D., 1974. "On the existence of equilibrium in a securities model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 293-311, November.
- Page Jr., Frank H. & Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1996. "A necessary and sufficient condition for the compactness of individually rational and feasible outcomes and the existence of an equilibrium," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 153-162, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.