No Unbounded Arbitrage, Weak No Market Arbitrage and No Arbitrage Price System Conditions: The Circular Results
AbstractPage and Wooders (1996) prove that the no-unbounded-arbitrage (NUBA) condition introduced by Page (1987) is equivalent to the existence of a no arbitrage price (NAPS) when no agent has non-null useless vectors. Allouch, Le Van and Page (2002) show that their generalized NAPS condition is actually equivalent to the weak-no-market-arbitrage (WNMA) condition introduced by Hart (1974). They mention that this result implies the one given by Page andWooders (1996). In this note, we show that these results are actually circular.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam in its series Working Papers with number 04.
Length: 6 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2008
Date of revision:
Arbitrage; Competitive equilibrium;
Other versions of this item:
- Manh-Hung Nguyen & Thai Ha-Huy, 2008. "No unbounded arbitrage, weak no market arbitrage and no arbitrage price system conditions: The circular results," THEMA Working Papers, THEMA (THÃ©orie Economique, ModÃ©lisation et Applications), UniversitÃ© de Cergy-Pontoise 2008-08, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-02-09 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Allouch, Nizar & Le Van, Cuong & Page, Frank Jr., 2002.
"The geometry of arbitrage and the existence of competitive equilibrium,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 373-391, December.
- Allouch, Nizar & Le Van, Cuong & Page, Jr. Frank H., 2001. "The geometry of arbitrage and the existence of competitive equilibrium," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS), University of Warwick, Department of Economics 598, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dana, R.-A. & Le Van, C. & Magnien, F., 1999.
"On the Different Notions of Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium,"
Papiers d'Economie MathÃÂ©matique et Applications, UniversitÃÂ© PanthÃÂ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1)
1999.34, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Le Van, Cuong & Magnien, Francois, 1999. "On the Different Notions of Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 169-193, July.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Le Van, Cuong & Magnien, François, 1999. "On the Different Notions of Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University 123456789/6228, Paris Dauphine University.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Le Van, Cuong & Magnien, François, 1996. "On the different notions of arbitrage and existence of equilibrium," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9616, CEPREMAP.
- Werner, Jan, 1987. "Arbitrage and the Existence of Competitive Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1403-18, November.
- Page Jr., Frank H. & Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1996. "A necessary and sufficient condition for the compactness of individually rational and feasible outcomes and the existence of an equilibrium," Economics Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 153-162, August.
- Hart, Oliver D., 1974. "On the existence of equilibrium in a securities model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 293-311, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Doan Quang Hung).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.