A report on the Norwegian minke whale hunt
AbstractThe Norwegian minke whale hunt was resumed in 1993, despite considerable international opposition. This paper investigates economic aspects of the 1993-1996 hunts. It is shown that the hunts were profitable for the participating vessels. Adverse international effects due to the resumed hunt are discussed, as is the future of commercial whale hunting in Norway.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Marine Policy.
Volume (Year): 22 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol
Minke whale hunt economic aspects;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hsiao-I Kuo & Chi-Chung Chen & Michael McAleer, 2010.
"Estimating the Impact of Whaling on Global Whale Watching,"
Working Papers in Economics
10/30, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Hsiao-I Kuo & Chi-Chung Chen & Michael McAleer, 2009. "Estimating the Impact of Whaling on Global Whale Watching," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-634, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Hsiao-I Kuo & Chi-Chung Chen & Michael McAleer, 2011. "Estimating the Impact of Whaling on Global Whale Watching," Documentos del Instituto Complutense de AnÃ¡lisis EconÃ³mico 2011-23, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Hsiao-I Kuo & Chi-Chung Chen & Michael McAleer, 2010. "Estimating the Impact of Whaling on Global Whale Watching," KIER Working Papers 728, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Kuo, H-I. & Chen, C-C. & McAleer, M.J., 2009. "Estimating the impact of whaling on global whale watching," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2009-23, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Mazzanti, Massimiliano, 2001. "The role of economics in global management of whales: re-forming or re-founding IWC?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 205-221, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.