Macroeconometric study of Ukraine's growth and reform
AbstractTo analyze prospects for Ukraine's economic growth and a program of reforms, we construct two macroeconometric models—high frequency with monthly observations, and low frequency with annual observations. In search of consistent information, we critically examine available statistics including World Development Indicators for Ukraine. We generate several forecasts using the technique of importing key variables from a high frequency solution into the low frequency model, thus incorporating recent changes in economic trends. We simulate the model to perform policy analysis of the effectiveness of restructuring Ukraine's energy sector with raising tariffs and implementing the pension reform.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Policy Modeling.
Volume (Year): 34 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735
Economic growth; Mixed frequencies; Economic Reform; Ukraine;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- P27 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Performance and Prospects
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Quan Chu, H. & Grais, Wafik, 1996. "Energy supply shocks: Macroeconomic consequences for Ukraine," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 643-688, December.
- Christian Dreger, 2003.
"A macroeconometric model for the Euro economy,"
IWH Discussion Papers
181, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Maarten Klaveren & Kea Tijdens & Melanie Hughie Williams & Nuria Ramos Martin, 2010. "WP 94 - An overview of women's work and employment in Ukraine," AIAS Working Papers wp94, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.