A column generation heuristic for dynamic capacitated lot sizing with random demand under a fill rate constraint
AbstractThis paper deals with the dynamic multi-item capacitated lot-sizing problem under random period demands (SCLSP). Unfilled demands are backordered and a fill rate constraint is in effect. It is assumed that, according to the static-uncertainty strategy of Bookbinder and Tan , all decisions concerning the time and the production quantities are made in advance for the entire planning horizon regardless of the realization of the demands. The problem is approximated with the set partitioning model and a heuristic solution procedure that combines column generation and the recently developed ABC[beta] heuristic is proposed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Omega.
Volume (Year): 39 (2011)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan S. Manne, 1958.
"Programming of Economic Lot Sizes,"
INFORMS, vol. 4(2), pages 115-135, January.
- Sox, Charles R. & Jackson, Peter L. & Bowman, Alan & Muckstadt, John A., 1999. "A review of the stochastic lot scheduling problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 181-200, September.
- Cattrysse, Dirk & Maes, Johan & Van Wassenhove, Luk N., 1990. "Set partitioning and column generation heuristics for capacitated dynamic lotsizing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 38-47, May.
- Karimi, B. & Fatemi Ghomi, S. M. T. & Wilson, J. M., 2003. "The capacitated lot sizing problem: a review of models and algorithms," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 365-378, October.
- Martel, Alain & Diaby, Moustapha & Boctor, Fayez, 1995. "Multiple items procurement under stochastic nonstationary demands," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 74-92, November.
- Tunc, Huseyin & Kilic, Onur A. & Tarim, S. Armagan & Eksioglu, Burak, 2011. "The cost of using stationary inventory policies when demand is non-stationary," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 410-415, August.
- Wijngaard, J. & Wortmann, J. C., 1985. "MRP and inventories," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 281-293, June.
- James H. Bookbinder & Jin-Yan Tan, 1988. "Strategies for the Probabilistic Lot-Sizing Problem with Service-Level Constraints," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(9), pages 1096-1108, September.
- Robinson, Powell & Narayanan, Arunachalam & Sahin, Funda, 2009. "Coordinated deterministic dynamic demand lot-sizing problem: A review of models and algorithms," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 3-15, February.
- Silver, Edward A. & Bischak, Diane P., 2011. "The exact fill rate in a periodic review base stock system under normally distributed demand," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 346-349, June.
- Tunc, Huseyin & Kilic, Onur A. & Tarim, S. Armagan & Eksioglu, Burak, 2013. "A simple approach for assessing the cost of system nervousness," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 619-625.
- Özen, Ulaş & Doğru, Mustafa K. & Armagan Tarim, S., 2012. "Static-dynamic uncertainty strategy for a single-item stochastic inventory control problem," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 348-357.
- Yan, Changyuan & Liao, Yi & Banerjee, Avijit, 2013. "Multi-product lot scheduling with backordering and shelf-life constraints," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 510-516.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.