Revenue management for remanufactured products
AbstractRevenue management for remanufactured products has not been addressed in literature so far. There could be more than one quality level of the recovered products, which would draw different prices in the secondary markets. In this paper, we develop a pricing model to maximize the expected revenue from the recovered products. Numerical examples are included for illustration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Omega.
Volume (Year): 35 (2007)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mahadevan, B. & Pyke, David F. & Fleischmann, Moritz, 2003. "Periodic review, push inventory policies for remanufacturing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 151(3), pages 536-551, December.
- Jayaraman, Vaidyanathan & Patterson, Raymond A. & Rolland, Erik, 2003. "The design of reverse distribution networks: Models and solution procedures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 150(1), pages 128-149, October.
- Fleischmann, Moritz & Bloemhof-Ruwaard, Jacqueline M. & Dekker, Rommert & van der Laan, Erwin & van Nunen, Jo A. E. E. & Van Wassenhove, Luk N., 1997. "Quantitative models for reverse logistics: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 1-17, November.
- Teunter, Ruud H. & van der Laan, Erwin & Inderfurth, Karl, 2000. "How to set the holding cost rates in average cost inventory models with reverse logistics?," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 409-415, August.
- Inderfurth, K. & de Kok, A. G. & Flapper, S. D. P., 2001. "Product recovery in stochastic remanufacturing systems with multiple reuse options," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 130-152, August.
- Fleischmann, Moritz & Kuik, Roelof, 2003. "On optimal inventory control with independent stochastic item returns," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 151(1), pages 25-37, November.
- Teunter, Ruud & van der Laan, Erwin, 2002. "On the non-optimality of the average cost approach for inventory models with remanufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 67-73, September.
- V. Daniel R. Guide, Jr. & Ruud H. Teunter & Luk N. Van Wassenhove, 2003. "Matching Demand and Supply to Maximize Profits from Remanufacturing," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 5(4), pages 303-316, October.
- Agata Mesjasz-Lech, 2009. "Selected Problems Of Reverse Logistics In Poland," Advanced Logistic systems, University of Miskolc, Department of Material Handling and Logistics, vol. 3(1), pages 181-190, December.
- Melo, M.T. & Nickel, S. & Saldanha-da-Gama, F., 2009. "Facility location and supply chain management - A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(2), pages 401-412, July.
- Wu, Cheng-Han, 2013. "OEM product design in a price competition with remanufactured product," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 287-298.
- Aras, Necati & Güllü, Refik & Yürülmez, Sevil, 2011. "Optimal inventory and pricing policies for remanufacturable leased products," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 262-271, September.
- Hua, Zhongsheng & Zhang, Xuemei & Xu, Xiaoyan, 2011. "Product design strategies in a manufacturer-retailer distribution channel," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 23-32, January.
- Tsai, Wen-Hsien & Hung, Shih-Jieh, 2009. "Dynamic pricing and revenue management process in Internet retailing under uncertainty: An integrated real options approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 471-481, April.
- Besiou, Maria & Georgiadis, Patroklos & Van Wassenhove, Luk N., 2012. "Official recycling and scavengers: Symbiotic or conflicting?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 218(2), pages 563-576.
- Poles, Roberto, 2013. "System Dynamics modelling of a production and inventory system for remanufacturing to evaluate system improvement strategies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 144(1), pages 189-199.
- García-Rodríguez, Francisco J. & Castilla-Gutiérrez, Carlos & Bustos-Flores, Carlos, 2013. "Implementation of reverse logistics as a sustainable tool for raw material purchasing in developing countries: The case of Venezuela," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 582-592.
- Srivastava, Samir K., 2008. "Network design for reverse logistics," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 535-548, August.
- Ku, Cheng-Yuan & Chang, Yi-Wen, 2012. "Optimal production and selling policies with fixed-price contracts and contingent-price offers," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 94-101.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.