Innovations algorithm asymptotics for periodically stationary time series with heavy tails
AbstractThe innovations algorithm can be used to obtain parameter estimates for periodically stationary time series models. In this paper we compute the asymptotic distribution for these estimates in the case where the underlying noise sequence has infinite fourth moment but finite second moment. In this case, the sample covariances on which the innovations algorithm are based are known to be asymptotically stable. The asymptotic results developed here are useful to determine which model parameters are significant. In the process, we also compute the asymptotic distributions of least squares estimates of parameters in an autoregressive model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 99 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul L. Anderson & Mark M. Meerschaert, 2005. "Parameter Estimation for Periodically Stationary Time Series," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 489-518, 07.
- Lewis, Richard & Reinsel, Gregory C., 1985. "Prediction of multivariate time series by autoregressive model fitting," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 393-411, June.
- QIN SHAO & ROBERT Lund, 2004. "Computation and Characterization of Autocorrelations and Partial Autocorrelations in Periodic ARMA Models," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 359-372, 05.
- Brockwell, P. J. & Davis, R. A., 1988. "Simple consistent estimation of the coefficients of a linear filter," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 47-59, April.
- Anderson, Paul L. & Meerschaert, Mark M. & Vecchia, Aldo V., 1999. "Innovations algorithm for periodically stationary time series," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 149-169, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.