Computation and Characterization of Autocorrelations and Partial Autocorrelations in Periodic ARMA Models
AbstractThis paper studies correlation and partial autocorrelation properties of periodic autoregressive moving-average (PARMA) time series models. An efficient algorithm to compute PARMA autocovariances is first derived. An innovations based algorithm to compute partial autocorrelations for a general periodic series is then developed. Finally, periodic moving averages and autoregressions are characterized as periodically stationary series whose autocovariances and partial autocorrelations, respectively, are zero at all lags that exceed some periodically varying threshold. Copyright 2004 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Time Series Analysis.
Volume (Year): 25 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (05)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0143-9782
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shao, Q., 2006. "Mixture periodic autoregressive time series models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 76(6), pages 609-618, March.
- Roy, Roch & Saidi, Abdessamad, 2008. "Aggregation and systematic sampling of periodic ARMA processes," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 52(9), pages 4287-4304, May.
- Shao, Q. & Ni, P.P., 2004. "Least-squares estimation and ANOVA for periodic autoregressive time series," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 287-297, September.
- Francq, Christian & Roy, Roch & Saidi, Abdessamad, 2011.
"Asymptotic properties of weighted least squares estimation in weak parma models,"
28721, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Francq & Roch Roy & Abdessamad Saidi, 2011. "Asymptotic Properties of Weighted Least Squares Estimation in Weak PARMA Models," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(6), pages 699-723, November.
- Anderson, Paul L. & Kavalieris, Laimonis & Meerschaert, Mark M., 2008. "Innovations algorithm asymptotics for periodically stationary time series with heavy tails," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 94-116, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.