An approach to modeling asymmetric multivariate spatial covariance structures
AbstractWe propose a framework in light of the delay effect to model the asymmetry of multivariate covariance functions that is often exhibited in real data. This general approach can endow any valid symmetric multivariate covariance function with the ability of modeling asymmetry and is very easy to implement. Our simulations and real data examples show that asymmetric multivariate covariance functions based on our approach can achieve remarkable improvements in prediction over symmetric models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 102 (2011)
Issue (Month): 10 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bo Li & Marc G. Genton & Michael Sherman, 2008. "Testing the covariance structure of multivariate random fields," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 95(4), pages 813-829.
- Alan Gelfand & Alexandra Schmidt & Sudipto Banerjee & C. Sirmans, 2004. "Nonstationary multivariate process modeling through spatially varying coregionalization," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 263-312, December.
- Gneiting, Tilmann & Kleiber, William & Schlather, Martin, 2010. "MatÃ©rn Cross-Covariance Functions for Multivariate Random Fields," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(491), pages 1167-1177.
- Sain, Stephan R. & Cressie, Noel, 2007. "A spatial model for multivariate lattice data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 226-259, September.
- Tatiyana V. Apanasovich & Marc G. Genton, 2010. "Cross-covariance functions for multivariate random fields based on latent dimensions," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 97(1), pages 15-30.
- Gneiting, Tilmann & Raftery, Adrian E., 2007. "Strictly Proper Scoring Rules, Prediction, and Estimation," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 359-378, March.
- Michael L. Stein, 2005. "Statistical methods for regular monitoring data," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(5), pages 667-687.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.