Weyl eigenvalue asymptotics and sharp adaptation on vector bundles
AbstractThis paper examines the estimation of an indirect signal embedded in white noise on vector bundles. It is found that the sharp asymptotic minimax bound is determined by the degree to which the indirect signal is embedded in the linear operator. Thus when the linear operator has polynomial decay, recovery of the signal is polynomial where the exact minimax constant and rate are determined. Adaptive sharp estimation is carried out using a blockwise shrinkage estimator. Application to the spherical deconvolution problem for the polynomially bounded case is made.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 100 (2009)
Issue (Month): 9 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Koo, Ja-Yong & Kim, Peter T., 2008. "Sharp adaptation for spherical inverse problems with applications to medical imaging," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 165-190, February.
- Kim, Peter T. & Koo, Ja-Yong & Park, Heon Jin, 2004. "Sharp minimaxity and spherical deconvolution for super-smooth error distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 384-392, August.
- Healy, Dennis M. & Hendriks, Harrie & Kim, Peter T., 1998. "Spherical Deconvolution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 1-22, October.
- Bissantz, Nicolai & Hohage, T. & Munk, Axel & Ruymgaart, F., 2007. "Convergence rates of general regularization methods for statistical inverse problems and applications," Technical Reports 2007,04, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Goldenshluger, Alexander, 2002. "Density Deconvolution in the Circular Structural Model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 360-375, May.
- Kim, Peter T. & Koo, Ja-Yong, 2002. "Optimal Spherical Deconvolution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 21-42, January.
- Durastanti, Claudio & Geller, Daryl & Marinucci, Domenico, 2012. "Adaptive nonparametric regression on spin fiber bundles," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 16-38, February.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.