Asymptotic expansions in mean and covariance structure analysis
AbstractAsymptotic expansions of the distributions of parameter estimators in mean and covariance structures are derived. The parameters may be common to, or specific in means and covariances of observable variables. The means are possibly structured by the common/specific parameters. First, the distributions of the parameter estimators standardized by the population asymptotic standard errors are expanded using the single- and the two-term Edgeworth expansions. In practice, the pivotal statistic or the Studentized estimator with the asymptotically distribution-free standard error is of interest. An asymptotic distribution of the pivotal statistic is also derived by the Cornish-Fisher expansion. Simulations are performed for a factor analysis model with nonzero factor means to see the accuracy of the asymptotic expansions in finite samples.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 100 (2009)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- 62E - - - - - -
- sec - - - - - -
- 62H - - - - - -
- Mea - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - - - -
- and - - - - - -
- cov - - - - - -
- str - - - - - -
- Fac - International Economics - - - - -
- mea - - - - - -
- Edg - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - - - -
- exp - - - - - -
- Cor - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - - - -
- exp - - - - - -
- Bia - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - - - -
- Ske - - - - - -
- Kur - Law and Economics - - - - -
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shimizu, Hiroaki & Wakaki, Hirofumi, 2011. "Asymptotic expansions for a class of tests for a general covariance structure under a local alternative," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(6), pages 1080-1089, July.
- Ogasawara, Haruhiko, 2009. "Supplement to Ogasawara's papers on "the ADF pivotal statistic", "mean and covariance structure analysis", and "maximal reliability"," 商学討究 (Shogaku Tokyu), Otaru University of Commerce, vol. 60(1), pages 21-44.
- Ogasawara, Haruhiko, 2012. "Cornish-Fisher expansions using sample cumulants and monotonic transformations," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 1-18, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.