Cornish-Fisher expansions using sample cumulants and monotonic transformations
AbstractGeneral formulas of the asymptotic cumulants of a studentized parameter estimator are given up to the fourth order with the added higher-order asymptotic variance. Using the sample counterparts of the asymptotic cumulants, formulas for the Cornish-Fisher expansions with third-order accuracy are obtained. Some new methods of monotonic transformations of the studentized estimator are presented. In addition, similar transformations of a fixed normal deviate are proposed up to the same order with some asymptotic comparisons to the transformations of the studentized estimator. Applications to a mean and a binomial proportion are shown with simulations for estimation of the proportion.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 103 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ogasawara, Haruhiko, 2009. "Asymptotic expansions in mean and covariance structure analysis," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(5), pages 902-912, May.
- Yoshihiko Maesono, 1998. "Asymptotic Comparisons of Several Variance Estimators and their Effects for Studentizations," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 451-470, September.
- Ogasawara, Haruhiko, 2010. "Asymptotic expansions for the pivots using log-likelihood derivatives with an application in item response theory," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(9), pages 2149-2167, October.
- Haruhiko Ogasawara, 2013. "Asymptotic properties of the Bayes modal estimators of item parameters in item response theory," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(6), pages 2559-2583, December.
- Ogasawara, Haruhiko, 2013. "Asymptotic cumulants of ability estimators using fallible item parameters," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 144-162.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.