The Ramsey model with AK technology and a bounded population growth rate
AbstractThis paper generalizes the Ramsey AK model by allowing the population growth rate to be variable over time subject only to be between prescribed upper and lower limits. Contrary to the standard AK setting, convergence can occur. Moreover, monotonicity as well as an asymptotic balanced growth path equilibrium may arise in the model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Macroeconomics.
Volume (Year): 32 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617
Ramsey AK model Bounded population growth rate;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tamura, Robert, 1996. "From decay to growth: A demographic transition to economic growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(6-7), pages 1237-1261.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2007:i:15:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christopher D Carroll & Jody Overland & David N Weil, 1997.
"Comparison Utility in a Growth Model,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
387, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Daron Acemoglu & Jaume Ventura, 2002.
"The World Income Distribution,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 117(2), pages 659-694, May.
- Alberto Bucci & Luca Guerrini, 2009.
"Transitional Dynamics in the Solow-Swan Growth Model with AK Technology and Logistic Population Change,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c014_020, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Alberto Bucci & Luca Guerrini, 2009. "Transitional Dynamics in the Solow-Swan Growth Model with AK Technology and Logistic Population Change," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 43.
- Alberto BUCCI & Luca GUERRINI, 2008. "Transitional dynamics in the Solow-Swan growth model with AK technology and logistic population change," Departmental Working Papers 2008-44, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Tamura, Robert, 2002. "Human capital and the switch from agriculture to industry," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 207-242, December.
- Tamura, Robert, 1991. "Income Convergence in an Endogenous Growth Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 522-40, June.
- Boucekkine, Raouf & Licandro, Omar & Puch, Luis A. & del Rio, Fernando, 1999.
"Vintage Capital and the Dynamics of the AK Model,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
2000009, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- R. Boucekkine & F. del Rio & O. Licandro & Luis A. Puch, 2000. "Vintage Capital and the Dynamics of the AK Model," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0436, Econometric Society.
- Boucekkine, Raouf & Del Rio, Fernando & Licandro, Omar, 2000. "Vintage capital and the dynamics of the AK model," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 0003, CEPREMAP.
- Raouf Boucekkine & Omar Licandro & Luis A. Puch & Fernando del Rio, . "Vintage capital and the dynamics of the AK model," Working Papers 2000-01, FEDEA.
- Raouf Boucekkine & Omar Licandro & Luis A. Puch & Fernando del Rio, 2003. "Vintage capital and the dynamics of the AK model," Documentos del Instituto Complutense de AnÃ¡lisis EconÃ³mico 0310, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Raouf BOUCEKKINE & Omar LICANDRO & Luis A. PUCH & Fernando DEL RIO, 2002. "Vintage Capital And the Dynamics of the AK Model," Economics Working Papers ECO2002/07, European University Institute.
- Sergio T. Rebelo, 1992.
"Long Run Policy Analysis and Long Run Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Tamura, 2002.
"Human capital and economic development,"
2002-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Kocherlakota, Narayana R & Yi, Kei-Mu, 1996. "A Simple Time Series Test of Endogenous vs. Exogenous Growth Models: An Application to the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 126-34, February.
- Palivos, Theodore & Wang, Ping & Zhang, Jianbo, 1997. "On the Existence of Balanced Growth Equilibrium," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 38(1), pages 205-24, February.
- Kocherlakota, Narayana R. & Yi, Kei-Mu, 1995. "Can convergence regressions distinguish between exogenous and endogenous growth models?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 211-215, August.
- Massimiliano Ferrara & Luca Guerrini, 2008. "On the dynamics of a three-sector growth model," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 55(3), pages 275-283, September.
- Guerrini, Luca, 2010. "Transitional dynamics in the Ramsey model with AK technology and logistic population change," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 17-19, October.
- J. R. Ruiz-Tamarit & M. Ventura-Marco, .
"Solution to Non-Linear MHDS arising from Optimal Growth Problems,"
- Ruiz-Tamarit, J.R. & Ventura-Marco, M., 2011. "Solution to nonlinear MHDS arising from optimal growth problems," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 86-96, March.
- Guerrini, Luca, 2010. "A closed-form solution to the Ramsey model with logistic population growth," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1178-1182, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.