On suboptimality of the Hodrick-Prescott filter at time series endpoints
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Macroeconomics.
Volume (Year): 27 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Granger, Clive W J, 1997. "On Modelling the Long Run in Applied Economics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(440), pages 169-77, January.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1999.
"Measuring Business Cycles: Approximate Band-Pass Filters For Economic Time Series,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 575-593, November.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1995. "Measuring Business Cycles Approximate Band-Pass Filters for Economic Time Series," NBER Working Papers 5022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, . "BKFILTER: RATS procedure to implement band pass filter using Baxter-King method," Statistical Software Components RTS00026, Boston College Department of Economics.
- David K. Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1992.
"International Evidence on the Historical Properties of Business Cycles,"
92-5, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Backus, David K & Kehoe, Patrick J, 1992. "International Evidence of the Historical Properties of Business Cycles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 864-88, September.
- David K. Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1991. "International evidence on the historical properties of business cycles," Staff Report 145, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Harvey, Andrew, 1997. "Trends, Cycles and Autoregressions," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(440), pages 192-201, January.
- King, R.G. & Rebelo, S.T., 1989.
"Low Frequency Filtering And Real Business Cycles,"
RCER Working Papers
205, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- St-Amant, P. & van Norden, S., 1997. "Measurement of the Output Gap: A Discussion of Recent Research at the Bank of Canada," Technical Reports 79, Bank of Canada.
- Andrew Harvey, 2011.
"Modelling the Phillips curve with unobserved components,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 21(1-2), pages 7-17.
- Harvey, A., 2008. "Modeling the Phillips curve with unobserved components," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0805, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Russell Barnett & Sharon Kozicki & Christopher Petrinec, 2009. "Parsing shocks: real-time revisions to gap and growth projections for Canada," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 247-266.
- Kristian Jönsson, 2010. "Trend extraction with a judgement-augmented hodrick–prescott filter," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 703-711, December.
- Nikolaos Giannellis & Athanasios Papadopoulos, 2006.
"Testing for Efficiency in Selected Developing Foreign Exchange Markets: An Equilibrium-based Approach,"
0717, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Giannellis, Nikolaos & Papadopoulos, Athanasios P., 2009. "Testing for efficiency in selected developing foreign exchange markets: An equilibrium-based approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 155-166, January.
- Todd E. Clark & Taisuke Nakata, 2006. "The trend growth rate of employment : past, present, and future," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 43-85.
- Nikolaos Giannellis & Athanasios Papadopoulos, 2005.
"Estimating the Equilibrium Effective Exchange Rate for Potential EMU members,"
0719, University of Crete, Department of Economics, revised 08 Mar 2007.
- Nikolaos Giannellis & Athanasios Papadopoulos, 2007. "Estimating the Equilibrium Effective Exchange Rate for Potential EMU Members," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 307-326, July.
- Abdul Karim, Zulkefly & Md. Said, Fathin Faezah & Jusoh, Mansor & Md. Thahir, Md. Zyadi, 2009. "Monetary policy and inflation targeting in a small open-economy," MPRA Paper 23949, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Jan 2010.
- Cesar Calderon & Tatiana Didier, 2009. "Severity of the Crisis and its Transmission Channels," World Bank Other Operational Studies 10946, The World Bank.
- Onur Ince & David H. Papell, 2013. "The (Un)Reliability of Real-Time Output Gap Estimates with Revised Data," Working Papers 13-02, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Janko Gorter, 2005. "Subjective Expectations and New Keynesian Phillips Curves in Europe," DNB Working Papers 049, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Hossein Iranmanesh & Majid Abdollahzade & Arash Miranian, 2011. "Mid-Term Energy Demand Forecasting by Hybrid Neuro-Fuzzy Models," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Frédérique Bec & Christian Gollier, 2009. "Term Structure and Cyclicity of Value-at-Risk: Consequences for the Solvency Capital Requirement," CESifo Working Paper Series 2596, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fukuda, Kosei, 2012. "Illustrating extraordinary shocks causing trend breaks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1045-1052.
- Chevapatrakul, Thanaset & Kim, Tae-Hwan & Mizen, Paul, 2012. "Monetary information and monetary policy decisions: Evidence from the euroarea and the UK," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 326-341.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.