Long-term care and nursing home coverage: are adult children substitutes for insurance policies?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 20 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H. & Bernheim, B. Douglas, 1986.
"The Strategic Bequest Motive,"
3721794, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H, 1985. "The Strategic Bequest Motive," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(6), pages 1045-76, December.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986. "The Strategic Bequest Motive," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages S151-82, July.
- Wilhelm, Mark O, 1996.
"Bequest Behavior and the Effect of Heirs' Earnings: Testing the Altruistic Model of Bequests,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 874-92, September.
- Wilhelm, M.O., 1990. "Bequest Behavior And The Effect Of Heirs' Earnings: Testing The Altruistic Model Of Bequests," Papers 9-90-12, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Hoerger, Thomas J. & Picone, Gabriel & Sloan, Frank, 1995.
"Public Subsidies, Private Provision of Care, and Living Arrangements of the Elderly,"
95-22, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Hoerger, Thomas J & Picone, Gabriel A & Sloan, Frank A, 1996. "Public Subsidies, Private Provision of Care and Living Arrangements of the Elderly," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 428-40, August.
- Jon B. Christianson., 1986. "Channeling Effects on Informal Care," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 685, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Pollak, Robert A, 1985. "A Transaction Cost Approach to Families and Households," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 581-608, June.
- Pauly, Mark V, 1990. "The Rational Nonpurchase of Long-term-Care Insurance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(1), pages 153-68, February.
- Marquis, M. Susan & Long, Stephen H., 1995. "Worker demand for health insurance in the non-group market," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 47-63, May.
- Sloan, Frank A & Norton, Edward C, 1997. "Adverse Selection, Bequests, Crowding Out, and Private Demand for Insurance: Evidence from the Long-Term Care Insurance Market," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 201-19, December.
- Alan L. Gustman & F. Thomas Juster, 1995. "Income and Wealth of Older American Households: Modeling Issues for Public Policy Analysis," NBER Working Papers 4996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kathleen McGarry & Robert F. Schoeni, 1995.
"Transfer Behavior within the Family: Results from the Asset and Health Dynamics Survey,"
NBER Working Papers
5099, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McGarry, K. & Schoeni, R.F., 1995. "Transfer Behavior With the Family: Results from the Asset and Health Dynamics Survey," Papers 95-09, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Steven Stern, 1995. "Estimating Family Long-Term Care Decisions in the Presence of Endogenous Child Characteristics," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(3), pages 551-580.
- Cochrane, John H, 1991. "A Simple Test of Consumption Insurance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 957-76, October.
- Costa-Font, Joan & Rovira-Forns, Joan, 2008. "Who is willing to pay for long-term care insurance in Catalonia?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 72-84, April.
- Christophe Courbage & Peter Zweifel, 2011. "Two-sided intergenerational moral hazard, long-term care insurance, and nursing home use," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 65-80, August.
- Iwamoto, Yasushi & Kohara, Miki & Saito, Makoto, 2010.
"On the consumption insurance effects of long-term care insurance in Japan: Evidence from micro-level household data,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 99-115, March.
- Yasushi Iwamoto & Miki Kohara & Makoto Saito, 2009. "On the Consumption Insurance Effects of Long-term Care Insurance in Japan: Evidence from Micro-level Household Data," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd09-109, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- R. Brau & M. Lippi Bruni & AM. Pinna, 2004. "Public vs private demand for covering long term care expenditures," Working Paper CRENoS 200408, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Gary V. Engelhardt & Nadia Greenhalgh-Stanley, 2008. "Public Long-Term Care Insurance and the Housing and Living Arrangements of the Elderly: Evidence from Medicare Home Health Benefits," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2008-15, Center for Retirement Research, revised Dec 2008.
- Courbage, Christophe & Eeckhoudt, Louis, 2012.
"On insuring and caring for parents’ long-term care needs,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 842-850.
- COURBAGE, Christophe & EECKHOUDT, Louis, . "On insuring and caring for parents' long-term care needs," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2513, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Aparna Lhila & Kosali Simon, 2008. "Prenatal health investment decisions: Does the child’s sex matter?," Demography, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 885-905, November.
- R. Brau & G. Fiorentini & M. Lippi Bruni & AM. Pinna, 2003.
"La disponibilità a pagare per la copertura del rischio di non autosufficienza: analisi econometrica e valutazioni di policy,"
Working Paper CRENoS
200305, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Brau Rinaldo & Fiorentini Gianluca & Lippi Bruni Matteo & Pinna Anna Maria, 2004. "La disponibilità a pagare per la copertura del rischio di non autosufficienza: analisi econometrica e valutazioni di "policy"," Politica economica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 357-388.
- Rinaldo Brau & Matteo Lippi Bruni, 2006.
"Eliciting the Demand for Long Term Care Coverage: A Discrete Choice Modelling Analysis,"
2006.71, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Rinaldo Brau & Matteo Lippi Bruni, 2008. "Eliciting the demand for long-term care coverage: a discrete choice modelling analysis," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 411-433.
- Rinaldo Brau & Matteo Lippi Bruni & Anna Maria Pinna, 2010. "Public versus private demand for covering long-term care expenditures," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(28), pages 3651-3668.
- Joan Costa Font & Juan Rovira Forns, 2004. "Willigness to Pay for Long-Term Care Coverage: the Role of Private Information and Self-Insurance," Working Papers in Economics 124, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Amy Finkelstein & Kathleen McGarry, 2003. "Private Information and its Effect on Market Equilibrium: New Evidence from Long-Term Care Insurance," NBER Working Papers 9957, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe De Donder & Pierre Pestieau, 2013.
"Private, Social and Self-Insurance for Long-Term Care in the Presence of Family Help - A Political Economy Analysis,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4352, CESifo Group Munich.
- De Donder, Philippe & Pestieau, Pierre, 2013. "Private, social and self-insurance for long-term care in the presence of family help: A political economy analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 9587, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Engelhardt, Gary V. & Greenhalgh-Stanley, Nadia, 2010. "Home health care and the housing and living arrangements of the elderly," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 226-238, March.
- Dervaux, B. & Leleu, H. & Nogues, H. & Valdmanis, V., 2006. "Assessing French nursing home efficiency: An indirect approach via budget-constrained DEA models," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 70-91, March.
- Christophe Courbage & David Crainich, 2012. "More on the optimal demand for long-term care insurance," Working Papers 2012-ECO-17, IESEG School of Management.
- Christophe Courbage & Nolwenn Roudaut, 2010. "On Insurance for Long-term Care in France," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 8(2), pages 24-28, 07.
- Amy Finkelstein & Kathleen McGarry, 2006. "Multiple Dimensions of Private Information: Evidence from the Long-Term Care Insurance Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 938-958, September.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.