Earnings management and the performance of seasoned equity offerings
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 50 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claude Francoeur & Philémon Rakoto, 2006. "La gestion des bénéfices et la performance boursière : cas des entreprises acquéreuses canadiennes," Post-Print halshs-00558246, HAL.
- Juan Carlos Gozzi & Ross Levine & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2009.
"Patterns of International Capital Raisings,"
NBER Working Papers
14961, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Hirshleifer & KEWEI HOU & Siew Hong Teoh & YINGLEI ZHANG, 2004.
"Do Investors Overvalue Firms With Bloated Balance Sheets?,"
- Hirshleifer, David & Kewei Hou & Teoh, Siew Hong & Yinglei Zhang, 2004. "Do investors overvalue firms with bloated balance sheets?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 297-331, December.
- Hirshleifer, David & Hou, Kewei & Teoh, Siew Hong & Zhang, Yinglei, 2004. "Do Investors Overvalue Firms with Bloated Balance Sheets?," Working Paper Series 2004-18, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Mohamed Faker Klibi & Hamadi Matoussi, 2007. "Gestion Des Resultats Et Performance Comptable Et Boursiere Des Entreprises Émettrices De Nouvelles Actions," Post-Print halshs-00534752, HAL.
- Scott J. Weisbenner, 2000. "Corporate share repurchases in the 1990s: what role do stock options play?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-29, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David Hirshleifer & Kewei Hou & Siew Hong Teoh, 2012.
"The Accrual Anomaly: Risk or Mispricing?,"
INFORMS, vol. 58(2), pages 320-335, February.
- Hou, Kewei & Hirshleifer, David & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2007. "The Accrual Anomaly: Risk or Mispricing?," MPRA Paper 5173, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hirshleifer, David & Hou, Kewei & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2006. "The Accrual Anomaly: Risk or Mispricing?," Working Paper Series 2006-3, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- García Lara, Juan Manuel & García Osma, Beatriz & Penalva, Fernando, 2007.
"Board of directors' characteristics and conditional accounting conservatism : Spanish evidence,"
Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
info:hdl:10016/7425, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Juan Manuel Garcia Lara & Beatriz Garcia Osma & Fernando Penalva, 2007. "Board of Directors' Characteristics and Conditional Accounting Conservatism: Spanish Evidence," European Accounting Review, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 727-755.
- Ali Anvary Rostamy & Mohammad Aghaee & Vahid Biglari, 2008. "Empirical Investigation of the Ability of Sensitivity of Stock Prices to Earnings News in Predicting Earnings Management and Management Forecast Errors," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 209-228, December.
- María Jesús Pastor & Francisco Poveda, 2005. "Earnings Management As An Explanation Of The Equity Issue Puzzle," Working Papers. Serie AD 2005-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Illoong Kwon & Katherine Guthrie & Jan Sokolowsky, 2008. "On the Objective of Corporate Boards: Theory and Evidence," Discussion Papers 08-08, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Yuan Zhu & Seow Ong & Wee Yeo, 2010. "Do REITs Manipulate Their Financial Results Around Seasoned Equity Offerings? Evidence from US Equity REITs," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 412-445, May.
- Ilan Guttman & Ohad Kadan & Eugene Kandel, 2003. "Adding the Noise: A Theory of Compensation-Driven Earnings Management," Discussion Paper Series dp355, The Center for the Study of Rationality, Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- De-Wai Chou & Michael Gombola & Feng-Ying Liu, 2010. "Earnings management and long-run stock performance following private equity placements," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 225-245, February.
- Yongtae Kim & Meir Statman, 2012. "Do Corporations Invest Enough in Environmental Responsibility?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 105(1), pages 115-129, January.
- Hoje Jo & Yongtae Kim, 2008. "Ethics and Disclosure: A Study of the Financial Performance of Firms in the Seasoned Equity Offerings Market," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 80(4), pages 855-878, July.
- Beaver, William H. & McNichols, Maureen F. & Nelson, Karen K., 2000. "Do Firms Issuing Equity Manage their Earnings? Evidence from the Property-Casualty Insurance Industry," Research Papers 1605, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.