Stock splits: Signaling or liquidity? The case of ADR 'solo-splits'
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 42 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roger Huang & H. Weingartner, 2000. "Do Market Makers Suffer from Splitting Headaches?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 105-126, August.
- Korczak, Piotr & Phylaktis, Kate, 2010. "Related securities and price discovery: Evidence from NYSE-listed Non-U.S. stocks," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 566-584, September.
- Gorkittisunthorn, Maneeporn & Jumreornvong, Seksak & Limpaphayom, Piman, 2006. "Insider ownership, bid-ask spread, and stock splits: Evidence from the Stock Exchange of Thailand," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 450-461.
- Raul Susmel & Ramon Rabinovitch & Ana Silva, 2000. "Impact of Capital Controls and Transaction Costs on the Return Distribution of Dually Traded Securities: Evidence from Chile and Argentina," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 171, Universidad del CEMA.
- Hwang, Soosung & Keswani, Aneel & Shackleton, Mark B., 2008. "Surprise vs anticipated information announcements: Are prices affected differently? An investigation in the context of stock splits," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 643-653, May.
- Jiang, Christine X. & Kim, Jang-Chul & Wood, Robert A., 2002. "The change in trading activity on volatility and adverse selection component: evidence from ADR splits," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(4-5), pages 323-345.
- Gagnon, Louis & Andrew Karolyi, G., 2010.
"Multi-market trading and arbitrage,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 53-80, July.
- Chitru S. Fernando & Srinivasan Krishnamurthy & Paul A. Spindt, 2002. "Is the Offer Price in IPOs Informative? Underpricing, Ownership Structure, and Performance," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-33, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Charitou, Andreas & Vafeas, Nikos & Zachariades, Charis, 2005. "Irrational investor response to stock splits in an emerging market," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 133-149.
- Pavabutr, Pantisa & Sirodom, Kulpatra, 2010. "Stock splits in a retail dominant order driven market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 427-441, November.
- Kalotychou, Elena & Staikouras, Sotiris K. & Zagonov, Maxim, 2009. "The UK equity market around the ex-split date," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 534-549, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.