Preferences and normal goods: A necessary and sufficient condition
AbstractThis Note Presents a Necessary and Sufficient Condition for All Goods to Be Normal, in the Case of Differentiable Individual Demand. This Condition Appears As a Relationship Between the Quantity Effects on Marginal Willingness to Pay and Is Consequently a Characteristic of the Preference Order. It Can Be Interpreted As a Weakening of the Kind of Complementary Implied by the Leroux's Previous Sufficient Condition.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 51 (1990)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
Other versions of this item:
- Alarie, Y. & Bronsard, C. & Ouellette, P., 1988. "Preferences and Normal Goods : a Necessary and Sufficient Condition," Cahiers de recherche 8815, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Alarie, Y. & Bronsard, C. & Ouellette, P., 1988. "Preferences And Normal Goods : A Necessary And Sufficient Condition," Cahiers de recherche 8815, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bilancini, Ennio & Boncinelli, Leonardo, 2010.
"Preferences and normal goods: An easy-to-check necessary and sufficient condition,"
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 13-15, July.
- Ennio Bilancini & Leonardo Boncinelli, 2010. "Preferences and Normal Goods: An Easy-to-Check Necessary and Sufficient Condition," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 042, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics.
- Bronsard, Camille & Salvas-Bronsard, Lise, 1992. "De la variété de Patinkin-Malinvaud à l’optimum macroéconomique de court terme," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 68(1), pages 205-224, mars et j.
- John Chipman, 2006. "Pareto and contemporary economic theory," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 53(4), pages 451-475, December.
- Bronsard, Camille & Salvas-Bronsard, Lise, 1988. "Sur trois contributions d’Allais," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 64(4), pages 481-492, dÃ©cembre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.