Who are the complaint-prone officers?: An examination of the relationship between police officers' attributes, arrest activity, assignment, and citizens' complaints about excessive force
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Criminal Justice.
Volume (Year): 29 (2001)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Riksheim, Eric C. & Chermak, Steven M., 1993. "Causes of police behavior revisited," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 353-382.
- Dugan, John R. & Breda, Daniel R., 1991. "Complaints about police officers: A comparison among types and agencies," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 165-171.
- Bazley, Thomas D. & Lersch, Kim Michelle & Mieczkowski, Thomas, 2007. "Officer force versus suspect resistance: A gendered analysis of patrol officers in an urban police department," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 183-192.
- Rabe-Hemp, Cara E., 2008. "Female officers and the ethic of care: Does officer gender impact police behaviors?," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 426-434, September.
- Harris, Christopher J., 2010. "Problem officers? Analyzing problem behavior patterns from a large cohort," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 216-225, March.
- Bostaph, Lisa Growette, 2007. "Race and repeats: The impact of officer performance on racially biased policing," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 405-417.
- Harris, Christopher J., 2012. "The Residual Career Patterns of Police Misconduct," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 323-332.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.