Police use of force: examining the relationship between calls for service and the balance of police force and suspect resistance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Criminal Justice.
Volume (Year): 31 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Riksheim, Eric C. & Chermak, Steven M., 1993. "Causes of police behavior revisited," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 353-382.
- Bayley, David H., 1986. "The tactical choices of police patrol officers," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 329-348.
- Micucci, Anthony J. & Gomme, Ian M., 2005. "American police and subcultural support for the use of excessive force," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 487-500.
- Bazley, Thomas D. & Lersch, Kim Michelle & Mieczkowski, Thomas, 2007. "Officer force versus suspect resistance: A gendered analysis of patrol officers in an urban police department," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 183-192.
- Phillips, Scott W. & Varano, Sean P., 2008. "Police criminal charging decisions: An examination of post-arrest decision-making," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 307-315, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.