Institutional ownership and CEO compensation: a longitudinal examination
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 58 (2005)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- David, Parthiban & Kochhar, Rahul, 1996. "Barriers to effective corporate governance by institutional investors: Implications for theory and practice," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 457-466, October.
- Jennifer E. Bethel & Julia Porter Liebeskind & Tim Opler, 1998. "Block Share Purchases and Corporate Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 605-634, 04.
- Yermack, David, 1995. "Do corporations award CEO stock options effectively?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2-3), pages 237-269.
- Bathala, Chenchuramaiah T, 1996. "Determinants of Managerial Stock Ownership: The Case of CEOs," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 31(1), pages 127-47, February.
- Jay C. Hartzell & Laura T. Starks, 2003. "Institutional Investors and Executive Compensation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(6), pages 2351-2374, December.
- Mehran, Hamid, 1995. "Executive compensation structure, ownership, and firm performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 163-184, June.
- Clifford G. Holderness & Randall S. Kroszner & Dennis P. Sheehan, 1999. "Were the Good Old Days That Good? Changes in Managerial Stock Ownership Since the Great Depression," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 435-469, 04.
- Cubbin, John S & Leech, Dennis, 1983. "The Effect of Shareholding Dispersion on the Degree of Control in British Companies: Theory and Measurement," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(37), pages 351-69, June.
- Elsayed, Khaled & Wahba, Hayam, 2013. "Reinvestigating the relationship between ownership structure and inventory management: A corporate governanceperspective," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 207-218.
- Shin, Jongtae & Shin, Hyun, 2013. "Institutional ownership and technological relatedness: A test of endogeneity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2279-2286.
- Baixauli-Soler, J. Samuel & Sanchez-Marin, Gregorio, 2011. "Organizational governance and TMT pay level adjustment," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(8), pages 862-870, August.
- Waldron, Theodore L. & Graffin, Scott D. & Porac, Joseph F. & Wade, James B., 2013. "Third-party endorsements of CEO quality, managerial discretion, and stakeholder reactions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2592-2599.
- Balsam, Steven & Fernando, Guy D. & Tripathy, Arindam, 2011. "The impact of firm strategy on performance measures used in executive compensation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 187-193, February.
- Brandes, Pamela & Hadani, Michael & Goranova, Maria, 2006. "Stock options expensing: An examination of agency and institutional theory explanations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(5), pages 595-603, May.
- Yoshikawa, Toru & Rasheed, Abdul A. & Del Brio, Esther B., 2010. "The impact of firm strategy and foreign ownership on executive bonus compensation in Japanese firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(11), pages 1254-1260, November.
- Chalevas, Constantinos G., 2011. "The Effect of the Mandatory Adoption of Corporate Governance Mechanisms on Executive Compensation," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 138-174, June.
- Wu, Hsueh-Liang, 2011. "Can minority state ownership influence firm value? Universal and contingency views of its governance effects," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(8), pages 839-845, August.
- Chen, Yenn-Ru & Ma, Yulong, 2011. "Revisiting the risk-taking effect of executive stock options on firm performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(6), pages 640-648, June.
- Collins, Denton & Huang, Henry, 2011. "Management entrenchment and the cost of equity capital," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 356-362, April.
- Shen, Wei & Gentry, Richard J. & Tosi Jr., Henry L., 2010. "The impact of pay on CEO turnover: A test of two perspectives," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(7), pages 729-734, July.
- Hadani, Michael & Goranova, Maria & Khan, Raihan, 2011. "Institutional investors, shareholder activism, and earnings management," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(12), pages 1352-1360.
- Zhilan Feng & Chinmoy Ghosh & Fan He & C. Sirmans, 2010. "Institutional Monitoring and REIT CEO Compensation," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 446-479, May.
- Hadani, Michael, 2012. "Institutional ownership monitoring and corporate political activity: Governance implications," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(7), pages 944-950.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.