A note on the "risk-adjusted" price-concentration relationship in banking
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 30 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shaffer, Sherrill, 2004. "Patterns of competition in banking," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 287-313.
- Neumark, David & Sharpe, Steven A, 1992.
"Market Structure and the Nature of Price Rigidity: Evidence from the Market for Consumer Deposits,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 107(2), pages 657-80, May.
- David Neumark & Steven A. Sharpe, 1989. "Market structure and the nature of price rigidity: evidence from the market for consumer deposits," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 52, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Calem, Paul S & Carlino, Gerald A, 1991.
"The Concentration/Conduct Relationship in Bank Deposit Markets,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 73(2), pages 268-76, May.
- Paul S. Calem & Gerald A. Carlino, 1989. "The concentration/conduct relationship in bank deposit markets," Working Papers 89-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987.
"A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-08, May.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014. "A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1977.
"The Gains and Losses from Industrial Concentration,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(2), pages 229-63, October.
- Sam Peltzman, 1977. "The Gains and Losses From Industrial Concentration," NBER Working Papers 0163, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414, July.
- Brewer, Elijah, III & Mondschean, Thomas H, 1994. "An Empirical Test of the Incentive Effects of Deposit Insurance: The Case of Junk Bonds at Savings and Loan Associations," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(1), pages 146-64, February.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester, 1994.
"Bank managers' objectives,"
94-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Kevin C. Murdock & Thomas F. Hellmann & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2000. "Liberalization, Moral Hazard in Banking, and Prudential Regulation: Are Capital Requirements Enough?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 147-165, March.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-54, July.
- Berger, Allen N. & Herring, Richard J. & Szego, Giorgio P., 1995.
"The role of capital in financial institutions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 393-430, June.
- Allen N. Berger & Richard J. Herring & Giorgio P. Szego, 1995. "The role of capital in financial institutions," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-23, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & Richard J. Herring & Giorgio P. Szegö, 1995. "The Role of Capital in Financial Institutions," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 95-01, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- James B. Thomson, 1991. "Predicting bank failures in the 1980s," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q I, pages 9-20.
- Buser, Stephen A & Chen, Andrew H & Kane, Edward J, 1981. "Federal Deposit Insurance, Regulatory Policy, and Optimal Bank Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 51-60, March.
- Jackson, William E, III, 1992. "Is the Market Well Defined in Bank Merger and Acquisition Analysis?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(4), pages 655-61, November.
- Hannan, Timothy H & Berger, Allen N, 1991. "The Rigidity of Prices: Evidence from the Banking Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 938-45, September.
- Sherrill Shaffer, 1994. "Bank competition in concentrated markets," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Mar, pages 3-16.
- Pavel Dvorak & Jan Hanousek, 2009. "Paying for Banking Services: What Determines the Fees?," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp388, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Böhme, Enrico & Müller, Christopher, 2009.
"Searching for the Concentration-Price Effect in the German Movie Theater Industry,"
15315, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Enrico Böhme & Christopher Müller, 2011. "Searching for the Concentration-Price Effect in the German Movie Theater Industry," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 231(4), pages 479-493, August.
- De Jonghe, Olivier & Vennet, Rudi Vander, 2008.
"Competition versus efficiency: What drives franchise values in European banking?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1820-1835, September.
- O. De Jonghe & R. Vander Vennet, 2007. "Competition versus Efficiency: What drives franchise values in European banking?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 07/491, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Homma, Tetsushi & Tsutsui, Yoshiro & Uchida, Hirofumi, 2014.
"Firm growth and efficiency in the banking industry: A new test of the efficient structure hypothesis,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 143-153.
- HOMMA Tetsushi & TSUTSUI Yoshiro & UCHIDA Hirofumi, 2012. "Firm Growth and Efficiency in the Banking Industry: A new test of the efficient structure hypothesis," Discussion papers 12060, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.