A theory of banking structure
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 23 (1999)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Franklin Allen, . "Stock Markets and Resource Allocation (Reprint 036)," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 15-92, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Thakor, Anjan V, 1997. "Banking Scope and Financial Innovation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(4), pages 1099-1131.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Paul R. Milgrom, 1985.
"Aggregation and Linearity in the Provision of Intertemporal Incentives,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
742, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1987. "Aggregation and Linearity in the Provision of Intertemporal Incentives," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 303-28, March.
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Thakor, Anjan, 1995.
"Financial System Architecture,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1197, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rajan, Raghuram G, 1992. " Insiders and Outsiders: The Choice between Informed and Arm's-Length Debt," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1367-400, September.
- Randall S. Kroszner & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1994. "The Role of Firewalls in Universal Banks: Evidence from Commercial Bank Securities Activities before the Glass-Steagall Act," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 103, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Berlin, Mitchell & John, Kose & Saunders, Anthony, 1996.
"Bank Equity Stakes in Borrowing Firms and Financial Distress,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(3), pages 889-919.
- Mitchell Berlin & Kose John & Anthony Saunders, 1995. "Bank equity stakes in borrowing firms and financial distress," Working Papers 96-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Santiago Carbó Valverde & Francisco Rodríguez Fernández, 2005.
"New evidence of scope economies among lending,deposit-taking, loan commitments and mutual fund activities,"
05/01, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Carbo Valverde, Santiago & Fernandez, Francisco Rodriguez, 2005. "New evidence of scope economies among lending, deposit-taking, loan commitments and mutual fund activities," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 187-207.
- Sanjay Basu & Swapnendu Bandyopadhyay (Banerjee), 2005. "Relationship Banking, State Co-Ordination and Long-Term Debt: Reinterpreting the Big Push," Departmental Working Papers wp0502, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Egli, D. & Ongena, S. & Smith, D.C., 2001.
"On the Sequencing of Projects, Reputation Building and Relationship Finance,"
2001-1, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Egli, Dominik & Ongena, Steven & Smith, David C., 2006. "On the sequencing of projects, reputation building, and relationship finance," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 23-39, March.
- Dominik Egli & Steven Ongena & David C. Smith, 2002. "On the sequencing of projects, reputation building, and relationship finance," International Finance Discussion Papers 718, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Doris Neuberger, 2005. "What’s Common to Relationship Banking and Relationship Investing? Reflections within the Contractual Theory of the Firm," Finance 0503001, EconWPA.
- Santiago Carbó Valverde & Francisco Rodríguez Fernández, 2004. "Scope Economies and Competition Beyond the Balance Sheet: a ‘broad banking’ Experience," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/13, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Asaftei, Gabriel, 2008. "The contribution of product mix versus efficiency and technical change in US banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2336-2345, November.
- Andreani, Ettore & Neuberger, Doris, 2004. "Relationship finance by banks and non-bank institutional investors: A review within the theory of the firm," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 46, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.