Credible commitments, contract enforcement problems and banks: Intermediation as credibility assurance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 15 (1991)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Other versions of this item:
- Boot, A.W.A. & Thakor, A.V. & Udell, G.F., 1987. "Credible commitments, contract enforcement problems and banks: Intermediation as credibility assurance," Research Memorandum 282, Tilburg University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yuk-Shee Chan & Anjan V. Thakor, 2004.
"Collateral and Competitive Equilibria with Moral Hazard and Private Information,"
- Chan, Yuk-Shee & Thakor, Anjan V, 1987. " Collateral and Competitive Equilibria with Moral Hazard and Private Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 345-63, June.
- David M Kreps & Robert Wilson, 2003.
Levine's Working Paper Archive
618897000000000813, David K. Levine.
- Grossman, Sanford J. & Perry, Motty, 1986. "Perfect sequential equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 97-119, June.
- Degryse, H.A. & Cerqueiro, G.M. & Ongena, S., 2007. "Distance, Bank Organizational Structure and Credit," Discussion Paper 2007-018, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Thakor, Anjan V., 1996. "The design of financial systems: An overview," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 917-948, June.
- Robert B. Avery & Allen N. Berger, 1990.
"Loan commitments and bank risk exposure,"
9015, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Robert B. Avery & Allen N. Berger, 1989. "Loan commitments and bank risk exposure," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 65, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Robert B. Avery & Allen N. Berger, 1988. "Loan commitments and bank risk exposure," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Cerqueiro, Geraldo & Ongena, Steven & Roszbach, Kasper, 2012.
"Collateralization, Bank Loan Rates and Monitoring: Evidence from a Natural Experiment,"
Working Paper Series
257, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Steven Ongena & Kasper Roszbach & Geraldo Cerqueiro, 2012. "Collateralization, Bank Loan Rates and Monitoring: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," 2012 Meeting Papers 235, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Cerqueiro, G.M. & Ongena, S. & Roszbach, K., 2011. "Collateralization, Bank Loan Rates and Monitoring: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," Discussion Paper 2011-087, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mitchell Berlin & Loretta J. Mester, 1997.
"Intermediation and vertical integration,"
97-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Berlin, Mitchell & Mester, Loretta J, 1998. "Intermediation and Vertical Integration," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 500-519, August.
- Mitchell Berlin & Loretta J. Mester, 1998. "Intermediation and vertical integration," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug, pages 500-523.
- Kallberg, Jarl G. & Udell, Gregory F., 2003. "The value of private sector business credit information sharing: The US case," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 449-469, March.
- Plaut, Steven E. & Melnik, Arie L., 2003. "International institutional lending arrangements to sovereign borrowers," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 459-481, August.
- Egli, D. & Ongena, S. & Smith, D.C., 2001.
"On the Sequencing of Projects, Reputation Building and Relationship Finance,"
2001-1, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Egli, Dominik & Ongena, Steven & Smith, David C., 2006. "On the sequencing of projects, reputation building, and relationship finance," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 23-39, March.
- Dominik Egli & Steven Ongena & David C. Smith, 2002. "On the sequencing of projects, reputation building, and relationship finance," International Finance Discussion Papers 718, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ozgur Emre Ergungor, 2002. "Market- vs. bank-based financial systems: do investor rights really matter?," Working Paper 0101R, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Nacer Bernou & Marceline Grondin, 2001. "Réconciliation entre libéralisation financière et croissance économique dans un système fondé sur la banque," Post-Print halshs-00179981, HAL.
- Sanjay Basu & Swapnendu Bandyopadhyay (Banerjee), 2005. "Relationship Banking, State Co-Ordination and Long-Term Debt: Reinterpreting the Big Push," Departmental Working Papers wp0502, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Maudos, Joaquin & Pérez, Francisco & Quesada, Javier, 2005. "Do banks discriminate sectoral real investment?," MPRA Paper 15868, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2005.
- Martin, J. Spencer & Santomero, Anthony M., 1997. "Investment opportunities and corporate demand for lines of credit," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1331-1350, October.
- Boot, Arnoud W. A., 2000. "Relationship Banking: What Do We Know?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 7-25, January.
- Rodolphe Blavy, 2005. "Monitoring and Commitment in Bank Lending Behavior," IMF Working Papers 05/222, International Monetary Fund.
- Sumit Agarwal & Souphala Chomsisengphet & John C. Driscoll, 2004. "Loan commitments and private firms," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-27, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.