Quantile hedging for equity-linked contracts
AbstractWe consider an equity-linked contract whose payoff depends on the lifetime of the policy holder and the stock price. We provide the best strategy for an insurance company assuming limited capital for the hedging. The main idea of the proof consists in reducing the construction of such strategies for a given claim to a problem of superhedging for a modified claim, which is the solution to a static optimization problem of the Neyman-Pearson type. This modified claim is given via some sets constructed in an iterative way. Some numerical examples are also given.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 48 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
Quantile hedging Equity-linked contract;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hans FÃllmer & Peter Leukert, 1999. "Quantile hedging," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 251-273.
- Bacinello, Anna Rita & Ortu, Fulvio, 1993. "Pricing equity-linked life insurance with endogenous minimum guarantees," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 245-257, June.
- Steinar Ekern & Svein-Arne Persson, 1996. "Exotic Unit-Linked Life Insurance Contracts," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 21(1), pages 35-63, June.
- Melnikov Alexander & Skornyakova Victoria, 2005. "Quantile hedging and its application to life insurance," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, De Gruyter, vol. 23(4/2005), pages 301-316, April.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Schwartz, Eduardo S., 1976. "The pricing of equity-linked life insurance policies with an asset value guarantee," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 195-213, June.
- Alexander Melnikov & Yuliya Romanyuk, 2008.
"Efficient Hedging And Pricing Of Equity-Linked Life Insurance Contracts On Several Risky Assets,"
International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd.,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(03), pages 295-323.
- Alexander Melnikov & Yuliya Romanyuk, 2006. "Efficient Hedging and Pricing of Equity-Linked Life Insurance Contracts on Several Risky Assets," Working Papers, Bank of Canada 06-43, Bank of Canada.
- Boyle, Phelim P. & Hardy, Mary R., 1997. "Reserving for maturity guarantees: Two approaches," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 113-127, November.
- Bacinello, Anna Rita & Ortu, Fulvio, 1993. "Pricing equity-linked life insurance with endogenous minimum guarantees : A corrigendum," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 303-304, December.
- Przemys\law Klusik, 2014. "Market risk modelling in Solvency II regime and hedging options not using underlying," Papers, arXiv.org 1405.1212, arXiv.org.
- Klusik Przemyslaw, 2014. "Hedging of equity-linked with maximal success factor," Papers, arXiv.org 1405.0732, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.