Valuation of finance/insurance contracts: Efficient hedging and stochastic interest rates modeling
AbstractThis paper studies the problem of hedging equity-linked life insurance contracts with efficient hedging technique in stochastic interest economy. In our setting, the payoff of life insurance contracts is based on two risky assets, where the return processes are driven by different correlated Wiener processes. The stochastic interest rate is assumed to follow the Heath–Jarrow–Morton framework. We obtain explicit formulas for both the price of a single premium contract and the corresponding survival probability. Moreover, a numerical example illustrates how this efficient hedging technique is applied to manage the balance between financial and insurance risks for a risk-taking insurance company
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by IOS Press in its journal Risk and Decision Analysis.
Volume (Year): (2014)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.iospress.nl/
Efficient hedging; equity-linked life insurance; stochastic interest rate;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Saskia van Wijngaarden).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.