On 1-convexity and nucleolus of co-insurance games
AbstractThe insurance situation in which an enormous risk is insured by a number of insurance companies is modeled through a cooperative TU game, the so-called co-insurance game, first introduced in Fragnelli and Marina (2004). In this paper we present certain conditions on the parameters of the model that guarantee the 1-convexity property of co-insurance games which in turn ensures the nonemptiness of the core and the linearity of the nucleolus as a function of the variable premium. Further we reveal conditions when a co-insurance game is representable in the form of a veto-removed game and present an efficient final algorithm for computing the nucleolus of a veto-removed game.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 48 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
Insurance situation Cooperative game Core Nucleolus;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aumann, Robert J. & Maschler, Michael, 1985. "Game theoretic analysis of a bankruptcy problem from the Talmud," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 195-213, August.
- Marieke Quant & Peter Borm & Hans Reijnierse & Bas van Velzen, 2005.
"The core cover in relation to the nucleolus and the Weber set,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 491-503, November.
- Quant, M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Reijnierse, J.H. & Velzen, S. van, 2005. "The core cover in relation to the nucleolus and the Weber set," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-173775, Tilburg University.
- Quant, M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Reijnierse, J.H. & Velzen, B. van, 2003. "The core cover in relation to the nucleolus and the Weber set," Discussion Paper 2003-55, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Deprez, Olivier & Gerber, Hans U., 1985. "On convex principles of premium calculation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 179-189, July.
- Theo Driessen & Dongshuang Hou, 2010. "A note on the nucleolus for 2-convex TU games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 185-189, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.