On 1-convexity and nucleolus of co-insurance games
AbstractThe insurance situation in which an enormous risk is insured by a number of insurance companies is modeled through a cooperative TU game, the so-called co-insurance game, first introduced in Fragnelli and Marina (2004). In this paper we present certain conditions on the parameters of the model that guarantee the 1-convexity property of co-insurance games which in turn ensures the nonemptiness of the core and the linearity of the nucleolus as a function of the variable premium. Further we reveal conditions when a co-insurance game is representable in the form of a veto-removed game and present an efficient final algorithm for computing the nucleolus of a veto-removed game.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 48 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
Insurance situation Cooperative game Core Nucleolus;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Quant, M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Reijnierse, J.H. & Velzen, B. van, 2003.
"The core cover in relation to the nucleolus and the Weber set,"
Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research
2003-55, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Marieke Quant & Peter Borm & Hans Reijnierse & Bas van Velzen, 2005. "The core cover in relation to the nucleolus and the Weber set," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 491-503, November.
- Quant, M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Reijnierse, J.H. & Velzen, S. van, 2005. "The core cover in relation to the nucleolus and the Weber set," Open Access publications from Tilburg University, Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-173775, Tilburg University.
- Deprez, Olivier & Gerber, Hans U., 1985. "On convex principles of premium calculation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 179-189, July.
- Aumann, Robert J. & Maschler, Michael, 1985. "Game theoretic analysis of a bankruptcy problem from the Talmud," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 195-213, August.
- Theo Driessen & Dongshuang Hou, 2010. "A note on the nucleolus for 2-convex TU games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 185-189, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.