Risk adjustment and risk selection on the sickness fund insurance market in five European countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Health Policy.
Volume (Year): 65 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Schut, Frederik T., 1994. "Should catastrophic risks be included in a regulated competitive health insurance market?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1459-1472, November.
- Van de ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Ellis, Randall P., 2000. "Risk adjustment in competitive health plan markets," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 755-845 Elsevier.
- Erik Schokkaert & Carine Van de Voorde, 2000. "Risk adjustment and the fear of markets: The case of Belgium," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 121-130, February.
- Lyle Nelson & Randall Brown & Marsha Gold & Anne Ciemnecki & Elizabeth Docteur, 1997. "Access to Care in Medicare HMOs 1996," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 2545, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1996. "Reimbursing Health Plans and Health Providers: Efficiency in Production versus Selection," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1236-1263, September.
- van Barneveld, Erik M. & Lamers, Leida M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M., 2001. "Risk sharing as a supplement to imperfect capitation: a tradeoff between selection and efficiency," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 147-168, March.
- Radovan Chalupka, 2010.
"Improving Risk Adjustment in the Czech Republic,"
Prague Economic Papers,
University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(3), pages 236-250.
- Manuel García-Goñi & Pere Ibern & José Inoriza, 2009. "Hybrid risk adjustment for pharmaceutical benefits," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 299-308, July.
- Bea Cantillon & Pierre Pestieau & Erik SZchokkaert, 2009. "Social security and subsidiarity," CREPP Working Papers 0904, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Sibley, Lyn M. & Glazier, Richard H., 2012. "Evaluation of the equity of age–sex adjusted primary care capitation payments in Ontario, Canada," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 186-192.
- van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Beck, Konstantin & Buchner, Florian & Schokkaert, Erik & Schut, F.T. (Erik) & Shmueli, Amir & Wasem, Juergen, 2013. "Preconditions for efficiency and affordability in competitive healthcare markets: Are they fulfilled in Belgium, Germany, Israel, the Netherlands and Switzerland?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(3), pages 226-245.
- Erik Schokkaert & Carine Van De Voorde, 2007.
"Direct versus indirect standaardization in risk adjustment,"
Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers
ces0733, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Schokkaert, Erik & Van de Voorde, Carine, 2009. "Direct versus indirect standardization in risk adjustment," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 361-374, March.
- SCHOKKAERT, Erik & VAN DE VOORDE, Carine, . "Direct versus indirect standardization in risk adjustment," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2139, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Eugster, Patrick & Sennhauser, Michèle & Zweifel, Peter, 2010. "Capping risk adjustment?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 499-507, July.
- Robert Nuscheler & Thomas Knaus, 2005. "Risk selection in the German public health insurance system," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(12), pages 1253-1271.
- Francesco Paolucci & Femmeke Prinsze & Pieter Stam & Wynand Ven, 2009. "The potential premium range of risk-rating in competitive markets for supplementary health insurance," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 243-258, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei) or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.