Risk adjustment and risk selection on the sickness fund insurance market in five European countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Health Policy.
Volume (Year): 65 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Van de ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Ellis, Randall P., 2000. "Risk adjustment in competitive health plan markets," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 755-845 Elsevier.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1996. "Reimbursing Health Plans and Health Providers: Efficiency in Production versus Selection," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1236-1263, September.
- van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Schut, Frederik T., 1994. "Should catastrophic risks be included in a regulated competitive health insurance market?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1459-1472, November.
- Erik Schokkaert & Carine Van de Voorde, 2000. "Risk adjustment and the fear of markets: The case of Belgium," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 121-130, February.
- van Barneveld, Erik M. & Lamers, Leida M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M., 2001. "Risk sharing as a supplement to imperfect capitation: a tradeoff between selection and efficiency," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 147-168, March.
- Lyle Nelson & Randall Brown & Marsha Gold & Anne Ciemnecki & Elizabeth Docteur, 1997. "Access to Care in Medicare HMOs 1996," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 2545, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Schokkaert, Erik & Beck, Konstantin & Shmueli, Amir & Van de Ven, Wynand & Van de Voorde, Carine & Wasem, Jürgen, 2006.
"Acceptable costs and risk adjustment: Policy choices and ethical trade-offs,"
Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
urn:hdl:123456789/119264, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Erik Schokkaert & Konstantin Beck & Amir Shmueli & Wynand Van De Ven & Carine Van De Voorde & Jürgen Wasem, 2006. "Acceptable costs and risk adjustment: policy choices and ethical trade-offs," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces0619, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Schokkaert, Erik & Van de Voorde, Carine, 2009. "Direct and indirect standardization and risk adjustment," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/222049, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Schokkaert, Erik & Van de Voorde, Carine, 2009.
"Direct versus indirect standardization in risk adjustment,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 361-374, March.
- Erik Schokkaert & Carine Van De Voorde, 2007. "Direct versus indirect standaardization in risk adjustment," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces0733, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Schokkaert, Erik & van de Voorde C,, 2007. "Direct versus indirect standardization in risk adjustment," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/175506, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Beck, Konstantin & Buchner, Florian & Schokkaert, Erik & Schut, F.T. (Erik) & Shmueli, Amir & Wasem, Juergen, 2013. "Preconditions for efficiency and affordability in competitive healthcare markets: Are they fulfilled in Belgium, Germany, Israel, the Netherlands and Switzerland?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(3), pages 226-245.
- Robert Nuscheler & Thomas Knaus, 2005. "Risk selection in the German public health insurance system," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(12), pages 1253-1271.
- Manuel García-Goñi & Pere Ibern & José Inoriza, 2009. "Hybrid risk adjustment for pharmaceutical benefits," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 299-308, July.
- Francesco Paolucci & Femmeke Prinsze & Pieter Stam & Wynand Ven, 2009. "The potential premium range of risk-rating in competitive markets for supplementary health insurance," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 243-258, September.
- Eugster, Patrick & Sennhauser, Michèle & Zweifel, Peter, 2010. "Capping risk adjustment?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 499-507, July.
- Sibley, Lyn M. & Glazier, Richard H., 2012. "Evaluation of the equity of age–sex adjusted primary care capitation payments in Ontario, Canada," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 186-192.
- Bea Cantillon & Pierre Pestieau & Erik SZchokkaert, 2009. "Social security and subsidiarity," CREPP Working Papers 0904, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Radovan Chalupka, 2009.
"Improving Risk Adjustment in the Czech Republic,"
Working Papers IES
2009/02, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jan 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier) or ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.