Gender differences in defined contribution pension decisions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Financial Services Review.
Volume (Year): 8 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rmi.gsu.edu/FSR/FSRhome.htm
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard T. Curtin & Thomas Juster & James N. Morgan, 1989. "Survey Estimates of Wealth: An Assessment of Quality," NBER Chapters, in: The Measurement of Saving, Investment, and Wealth, pages 473-552 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Morin, Roger A & Fernandez Suarez, Antonio, 1983. " Risk Aversion Revisited," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1201-16, September.
- Liberman, Joseph, 1980. "Human Capital and the Financial Capital Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(2), pages 165-91, April.
- Fama, Eugene F. & Schwert, G. William, 1977. "Human capital and capital market equilibrium," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 95-125, January.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Sunden, Annika E & Surette, Brian J, 1998. "Gender Differences in the Allocation of Assets in Retirement Savings Plans," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 207-11, May.
- Martha Starr-McCluer, 1994.
"Health insurance and precautionary saving,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
94-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Friend, Irwin & Blume, Marshall E, 1975. "The Demand for Risky Assets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(5), pages 900-922, December.
- Siegel, Frederick W & Hoban, James P, Jr, 1982. "Relative Risk Aversion Revisited," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(3), pages 481-87, August.
- Jianakoplos, Nancy Ammon & Bernasek, Alexandra, 1998. "Are Women More Risk Averse?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(4), pages 620-30, October.
- Cheng, Teng Yuan & Lee, Chun I & Lin, Chao Hsien, 2013. "An examination of the relationship between the disposition effect and gender, age, the traded security, and bull–bear market conditions," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 195-213.
- Robert Faff & Terrence Hallahan & Michael McKenzie, 2011. "Women and risk tolerance in an aging world," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(2), pages 100-117, June.
- Gutter, Michael S. & Fox, Jonathan J. & Montalto, Catherine P., 1999. "Racial differences in investor decision making," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 149-162.
- Zahid Iqbal & Sewon O & H. Baek, 2006. "Are Female Executives More Risk-Averse than Male Executives?," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 34(1), pages 63-74, March.
- Clark-Murphy, Marilyn & Gerrans, Paul, 2001. "Consultation and resource usage in retirement savings decisions: Australian evidence of systematic gender differences," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-4), pages 273-290.
- Angela Lyons & Urvi Neelakantan & Ana Fava & Erik Scherpf, 2007. "For Better or Worse: Financial Decision-Making Behavior of Married Couples," NFI Working Papers 2007-WP-14, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Tansel Yilmazer & Angela Lyons, 2010. "Marriage and the Allocation of Assets in Women’s Defined Contribution Plans," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 121-137, June.
- Hibbert, Ann Marie & Lawrence, Edward R. & Prakash, Arun J., 2013. "Does knowledge of finance mitigate the gender difference in financial risk-aversion?," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 140-152.
- Anup K. Basu & Michael E. Drew, 2009.
"The Case for Gender-Sensitive Superannuation Plan Design,"
Australian Economic Review,
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 42(2), pages 177-189.
- Anup K. Basu & Michael E. Drew, 2009. "The Case for Gender-Sensitive Superannuation Plan Design," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:200904, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Marilyn Clark-Murphy & Paul Gerrans & Craig Speelman, 2009. "Return Chasing as a Driver in Individual Retirement Savings Investment Choices: Evidence from Australia," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 4-19, March.
- Justine Burns & Simon Halliday & Malcolm Keswell, 2012. "Gender and Risk Taking in the Classroom," SALDRU Working Papers 87, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Garbarino, Ellen & Slonim, Robert, 2009. "The robustness of trust and reciprocity across a heterogeneous U.S. population," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 226-240, March.
- Hariharan, Govind & Chapman, Kenneth S. & Domian, Dale L., 2000. "Risk tolerance and asset allocation for investors nearing retirement," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 159-170, 00.
- Lahey, Karen Eilers & Kim, Doseong, 2001. "Longitudinal changes in net worth by household income and demographic characteristics for the first three waves of the HRS," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-4), pages 55-73.
- Craig Speelman & Marilyn Clark-Murphy & Paul Gerrans, 2013. "Decision Making Clusters in Retirement Savings: Gender Differences Dominate," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 329-339, September.
- Dinky Daruvala, 2007. "Gender, risk and stereotypes," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 265-283, December.
- Angela Lyons & Urvi Neelakantan & Erik Scherpf, 2008. "Gender and Marital Differences in Wealth and Investment Decisions: Implications for Researchers, Financial Professionals, and Educators," NFI Working Papers 2008-WP-02, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.