Specialist performance and new listing allocations on the NYSE: an empirical analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Markets.
Volume (Year): 7 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/finmar
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hatch, Brian C. & Johnson, Shane A., 2002. "The impact of specialist firm acquisitions on market quality," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 139-167, October.
- Leach, J Chris & Madhavan, Ananth N, 1993.
"Price Experimentation and Security Market Structure,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 375-404.
- Chris J. Leach & Ananth N. Madhavan, . "Price Experimentation and Security Market Structure," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 20-92, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Ho, Thomas & Stoll, Hans R., 1981.
"Optimal dealer pricing under transactions and return uncertainty,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 47-73, March.
- Thomas Ho & Hans Stoll, . "Optimal Dealer Pricing Under Transactions and Return Uncertainty," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 27-79, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Gehrig, Thomas & Jackson, Matthew O., 1997.
"Bid-Ask Spreads with Indirect Competition among Specialists,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1648, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gehrig, Thomas & Jackson, Matthew, 1998. "Bid-ask spreads with indirect competition among specialists," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 89-119, April.
- Thomas Gehrig & Matthew Jackson, 1994. "Bid-Ask Spreads with Indirect Competition Among Specialists," Discussion Papers 1107, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Pirrong, Craig, 1999. "The organization of financial exchange markets: Theory and evidence," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 329-357, November.
- anonymous, 1998. "New $20 bills released," Financial Update, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Oct, pages 6.
- Blume, Marshall E & Goldstein, Michael A, 1997. " Quotes, Order Flow, and Price Discovery," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 221-44, March.
- O'Hara, Maureen & Oldfield, George S., 1986. "The Microeconomics of Market Making," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(04), pages 361-376, December.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985.
"Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Shane A. Corwin, 1999. "Differences in Trading Behavior across NYSE Specialist Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 721-745, 04.
- Anonymous, 1998. "For the record: September - December 1998," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 61, December.
- Barnea, Amir, 1974. "Performance Evaluation of New York Stock Exchange Specialists," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(04), pages 511-535, September.
- Bhattacharya, Utpal & Yavas, Abdullah, 1993. "In search of the right middleman," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 341-347.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1997. "Industry costs of equity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 153-193, February.
- Glosten, Lawrence R, 1989. "Insider Trading, Liquidity, and the Role of the Monopolist Specialist," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(2), pages 211-35, April.
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J, 1991. " Inferring Trade Direction from Intraday Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 733-46, June.
- Coughenour, Jay F. & Saad, Mohsen M., 2004. "Common market makers and commonality in liquidity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 37-69, July.
- Anand, Amber, 2005. "Specialist: The firm or the individual?: Empirical evidence from the options markets," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(6), pages 555-575.
- Shane A. Corwin & Jay F. Coughenour, 2008. "Limited Attention and the Allocation of Effort in Securities Trading," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(6), pages 3031-3067, December.
- Anand, Amber & Chakravarty, Sugato & Chuwonganant, Chairat, 2009. "Cleaning house: Stock reassignments on the NYSE," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 727-753, November.
- Castellano, Rosella & Cerqueti, Roy, 2011. "The optimal bid/ask spread in a Specialist System," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 2247-2253, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.